Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks in advance,

I've read as many threads as possible and done everything I could to get my HP P1505n working again but can't and need some new advice.

I've had this printer for a couple of years and it worked well and always connected. I had it plugged into a router (at one point linksys, then a dlink) and had given it a static ip address that it always printed to. 

Recently, I got a Cisco modem/router from my internet service provider, I plugged in the printer's ethernet cable to it, and suddenly I couldn't print to it anymore. I couldn't access it's webadmin console and couldn't change any settings. I went through various troubleshooting steps and ultimately did a hard reset. 

I left it alone for a week (thankfully I have another printer) but am trying again to get it up and running. Right now it has switched to AutoIP but it doesn't get in IP address. It only shows 169.254.241.24. I even tried to connect directly to it via ethernet and change my computer's ip to 169.254.241.23 with the same subnet mask and it won't connect to it - I can't get to the webadmin to manually assign it an IP like 192.168.0.111

Right at this moment actually I cannot even get a configuration page to print and the amber light above the green ethernet light flashes on for a second or two and then off for a few seconds and that cycle continues. 

What can I do to get this working again aside from plugging in a usb cable and forgetting about network printing (the reason I bought it in the first place)?

Thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

You have an invalid IP and not connected to your router.  Reset the printer back to factory defaults and try again.

HP Recommended

I have reset it and it hadn't gotten a valid IP address until today. Today I can see in my router that it is assigning it an IP address but I can't access the web admin nor can the installation software find the printer when I type in the IP address given (also I have tried a variety of ways to enter the hostname or MAC address and it always says it's an invalid format). 

After I turn on the printer, when the ethernet cable is plugged in, it cycles with the orange lights and then goes to green/ready, then I hear a second click. After that I can't even print a configuration page by pressing the OK/Go button.

HP Recommended

Let’s download and run the HP Print and Scan doctor, what does this say?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

HP Recommended

The scan doctor doesn't see it.

HP Recommended

OK, let's try this.  Reset your router back to factory defalts and reconfigure it back to your settings.   Now let's start over... (sorry).

HP Recommended

I reset my router back to factory defaults and reconfigured it to my settings. It assigned the printer (hostname NPI0C5546 & MAC Address 00:1b:78:0c:55:46) a new IP address. Print & Scan Doctor cannot see it. 

HP Recommended

Well let's try here because I'm out of ideas.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=5429&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dl...

Read all and let's see.

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying and being so responsive. There was unfortunately nothing there for me. I had already read through everything before I signed up to post in the forum. 

It may mean another of my and final HP products needs to go to the electronics recycler or donation. Shame, it was only 2 years old. 

If anyone else has any suggestions, please chime in. I'd appreciate it. 

HP Recommended

Hi gr---8 ,

Sorry to hear you are still having issues setting up the printer on the wired network.

We will need to find out if it is the Ethernet port on the printer, or the network causing this issue.

Do you have Mac filtering on the router?

Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the printer.

Restore the printer back to factory settings.

Print a hardware test page to test the printer's hardware. Make sure the SSID and IP address is cleared from your router's setttings. Printing a Configuration Page in Windows.

Connect the Ethernet cable directly to the computer.

Print the configuration page again to see if you get a IP address to test the Ethernet port on the printer.

What is the IP address?

Run the add printer wizard to install the printer.

Test the printer.

Were you able to see the printer, add the printer and print?

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

Please provide in detail the results.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.