Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We have a HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer. We initally put this on our print server. But almost immediately it goes offline. Current settings:

Jam Recovery: Auto Auto Continue: On IO Timeout: 1800 Auto Off: Disabled

Since it was so problematic - we took it off the printer server and are allowing access via IP (not going through our prit server) and it is behaving the same way.

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try this:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02221706

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Nope, ran the tool, it says nothing is wrong, but the printer is still offline, the web page fpr the printer says it's offline.

HP Recommended

We had a simiar problem and it was because the default printer was switching from usb to network.  Fixed using the diagnostic tool and setting usb to default.  I am not sure how it got switched - perhaps and update changed the setting?

HP Recommended

Printer goes offline after I vacate its physical area with my laptop, so I can't print from far away, even though I stay connected to the  network.  But if I approach it with my laptop, printer turns on and then prints whatever is in the queue. Auto off is not activated, but it's acting like it is.

HP Recommended

Hi @Halan ,

I see by your post that you aren't able to print when the laptop isn't in the same area as the printer. I would like to help you out today.

What is the distance of the printer and the Laptop when the printer goes offline?

Try these steps to see if it will resolve the issue.

'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.