Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8620

Hi all, I am having repeated difficulties with this printer simply printing when i need it to, every time i try and print its like it constantly disconnects, i run the HP print and scan doctor and run the test pages it wont run an external print but it runs the internal print..  the message i get then says it cannt be fixed and that i have to uninstall all the software.

please can anyone advise before i take this thing back and replace it under my extended warranty

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this self-help document for Offline issues?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05083107

Let us know if that works.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the Officejet Pro 8620 & Windows 8.1.  About every to weeks it refuses to print and I get a message "printer offline.  To fix this I must go to the printer >setup> network setup> wireless settings> wireless setup wizard>

click on my net work address> type in the network password. Next go to the computer > control panel >Network & internet> and scroll down to see if the office jet is highlighted. If it is highlighted then it is re-connected ok and I can print.

If it is not highlighted then I go to the top of the page click on > Add devices and printers > click on router address > put in router address and follow instructions.

It should go without saying that this is my last HP. It is a shame as they used to be the most dependable printers out there. In my office setting I cannot spend time playing around with this.  Now it is Epson.  Good luck gang........ 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.