Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Okay, thanks for the help so far.. I understand you will post a reply in this topic when you hear from the other team?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am using mac OS 10.7.2

I have set the preset to "plain paper, fast draft, black and white", yet the printer still prints pdf's with colour ie as the original looks. Any suggestions please?

HP Recommended

Hello drjman

What program are you printing your PDF from? Sometimes the settings for an application can override the presets of your printer driver.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I have HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer.

I want to PRINT ONLY with the BLACK ink and have set up the preferences that state BLACK INK ONLY.

Two of my color cartridges depleted and when I go to print with BLACK INK ONLY an error meesage appears stating:

Ink Cartridges Depleted - HP 951 Cyan, HP 951 Yellow - The cartidges listed above must be replaced to resume printing.

Question: Even though I do not want to use the color ink, must they be replaced ini order to print only in black?

Thank You.

HP Recommended

Hello Martin_S

Lets try changing the region on your Mac to United States and then reinstall the printer. I would like to see if having a different region will generate the correct settings. You should be able to then change the region back after you install it.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended

Hello 8600PlusUser

To answer your question, yes. The Officejet 8600 requires the user of all ink cartridges to print. This is to ensure the health of the printhead. If you are empty on Cyan and Yellow you will need to change them to be able to print again.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, Travis. I discovered my mac OS needed a system upgrade. Priniting fine now.

HP Recommended
Thank you so much for your help, you solved my problem.
HP Recommended

I too have a Mac computer using 10.8.3  and having issue printing from Internet just using black print.

I utlize Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox and like to know how can I change the default settings to black fast draft across the board.

I have looked at silar positings but nothing showed.

When I print a PDF file, I notice there is nothing on dialbox to change the print type default but everything else.

What do I do?

HP Recommended

Using Windows Vista.  Have set default through control panel to:

• Print in Grayscale: Print Black Only
  • Output Quality: Draft
  • Print All Text as Black: Enable

It is still printing in color and appears to be better than draft mode.  What do I have to do to get this to print based on my settings? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.