Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Vanricker,

Hopefully the HP Scan update arrives soon. However,  you mention only HP All-in-one devices. I myself (and many others) reported problems with HP Scanjet devices (which do not show up in the list), so the expected solution should cover these as well.

HP Recommended

I have been trying to use the image capture facility, but when I open the screen my HP scanjet 8250 does not appear on the grey screen, whether I click devices or shared.  there is just 0 beside them.  The scanner still opens up, although like everybody else, will not print, save or send.

HP Recommended

I had an identical problem. Having installed the latest HP Scanjet ICA Software for Mac OS X 10.6.8, 10.7 or 10.8, my scanner HP Scanjet 5590 now works using Apple's Image Capture. I am able to use Image Capture with the GraphicConverter app and things work fine.

HP Recommended

Do not use the solution supported by ZedVal - the programme removed my Scanjet drivers, and Image Capture still cannot find my scanner - so I am even worse off!

HP Recommended

Thats exactly the problem I reported earlier. Uninstalling the old software and pulling the new driver from Apple's software update only get me printing function. The scanning part is completely missing.

HP Recommended

With all the pages, I hope included was my problem.  I cannot save the full image to a folder.  While the image is shown as scanning the entire item, only the left half is downloded.

Using OS 10.9 Mavericks.

Photosmart 7515

HP Recommended

Hi modeldad,

You are seeing a result of the same issue of corrupted data during a scan.  We should have the fix posted on hp.com soon.  

HP Recommended

I found the other series of posts on the issue and the walkaround worked.  Not optimal, but I was able to get documents to the desktop.

Does not seem to be a grayscale on the walkaround, just text, color and B&W.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello

HP is providing the latest HP drivers for new OS X 10.9 for your Photosmart C7280 via Apple Software Updates.   

I am not sure why you're not able to use AppleSoftware Update to get the latest HP sw, hoping the following info helps you

Important: Use Software Update before connecting a printer. This updates your Mac's database of the latest supported printer and scanner models. If you don't use Software Update before attempting to connect a new printer, you may not see available software when you connect your device.

1.       Click the Apple menu, and then click Software Update. Software Update checks for available updates and updates the database that your Mac uses to determine available printer software. 

2.       Go to System Preferences, Printers and Scanners pane, and click on the + to Add Printer.  The HP printer must be turned on and connected to your Mac.

3.       Select your HP product in the top list

4.       In the ‘Use’ field, select your HP model

5.       Note – the system may prompt you to use ‘AirPrint’ to create the printer queue.  If you want to use the HP driver, you must hold down the key and select the HP Model in order to prompt the system to query and download the HP software from Apple Software Update.

6.       Follow the prompt and click ‘Add’ to download the HP software from Apple. 

7.       After the download is complete, and the printer queue is created, you should be able to scan via Apple Preview or Image Capture

Another option might be to just download and install the latest HP Driver package from Apple Software Update, fully compatible with new Mavericks and includes support for your Photosmart C7280.

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl907

Hope this helps

If this reply helped you, please say thanks by clicking the blue Kudos star.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

It is working now. The scanning capability is back!!!

Thank you HP.

Joseph

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.