Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE SOME KIND OF REPRESENTATIVES OF HP HAVE RESPONDED TO MY POSTS WITHOUT INVESTIGATING WHAT I AM STATEING..!

EVERYBODY CAN GOTO THE OFFICIAL HP SITE TYPE IN 7200 INKJET AND WILL CLEARLY SEE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR OSX 10.9 WHICH IS MAVERICKS FOR THIS 7200 ALL IN ONE PRINTER.....

EVERYBODY CAN SEE THAT HP IMPLIES DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE IS AVAILABLE...

FROM THERE SUPPORT PAGE EVERYBODY CAN SEE THEY CHARGE FOR PHONE SUPPORT FOR BOTH IN AND OUT OF WARRANTY PRODUCTS

EVERYBODY CAN CALL THEM AND BE TOLD THE SAME THING I WAS "FOR A FEE WE WILL FIX IT"

THE ONLY REASON I DIDNT WANT TO PAY IS BECAUSE IN ENGLAND I CAN BUY A NEW ONE FOR £120..

I GUESS ITS TRUE EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY,   AFTER ALL IBM WAS ONCE THE BIGGEST COMPUTER COMPANY IN THE WORLD..

ALL I WANT IS A DRIVER FOR THE SCANER IN THE ALL IN ONE 7200. I DON'T WANT IT IN THE APP STORE. I WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT FROM HP.

JUST AN END NOTE MY   HP 4C SCANNER WHICH COST ME £1999 IN 1997 WITH A SCSI ADAPTOR STILL WORKS ON MY WINDOWS PC AND SO DOES MY HP 5MP LASER PRINTER---HP STOPPED SUPPORTING THESE OVER 10 YEARS AGO.....

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem, tried the suggested fixes but no joy.  Using the web interfacee to scan and save a jpeg then print works but is VERY slow.  Woud llove to have teh HP SCan app working again.  Can't believe MAC have still not solve dteh problem with OS X 10.9 - it i stheir software that caused the problem!

Anyone else heard of a real fix?

HP Recommended

Pour remplacer HP Scan, il convient d'utiliser l'application "Transfert d'images" d'Apple qui offre les mêmes fonctionnalités.

HP Recommended

I have the same incredible problem with a b110a HP Photosmart, this is really crazy, it worked up to a couple of days ago, before my Mavericks installation...

The Image Acquisition trick doesn't work for me, so I can't scan, I just can't scan without a driver for Mavericks to download and install. 

I can print, it works like a charm as printer, so an Apple Software was already downloaded and installed, but doesn't scan!

And Mavericks, dear friends, isn't born yesterday .... is it possible this is still an issue after so long time?

HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart 7525 and it is now not working even with my old computer.  It just keps saying it can't connect to the network when I just printed a document on it mere seconds ago from my new computer over the wifi.  What is happening?!  This thing has worked fine for about a year and now it's just totally screwed up.  I can't even scan to email anymore.  There's literally no way to get a document to my computer with this thing.  I tried to restore the wifi network settings as previously recommended, I tried to go through the wifi setup wizard to reset the wifi password and still nothing.  ARGH!  I'm about ready to throw this thing out the window.

HP Recommended

Hi Bmaxwell,

For showing that the printer is not connected when scanning, even though you would have just printed prior. I have included the document 'A 'No Computer Detected' or 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanning'. Please select the option for OS X 10.8. All the steps will be the same, just with a slight name change to some of the options.

To clarify are you getting the same error message when using the HP Scan software? I have included the document 'How to Scan: OS X v10.9'. This document will show you the steps of how to scan with the HP Scan software.

For not being able to scan to email, my first suggestion would be to make sure that the firmware on the printer is up to date. I have included the document 'Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates'. Once the updates are through try scanning to email again.

If you are still unable to scan to email from the printer, please provide me with the exact error message that you are getting.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Lil_Lisa27:

Unless I'm missing something, your linked article  'Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates' is useless since there's no way to get these updates using a wired Internet connection. I'm not interested in doing anything wirelessly, so HP needs to reconsider how updates are obtained.

HP Recommended

Hi baltwo,

With the link for 'Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates', this is specific to the issue that Bmaxwell is having for the Scan to Email feature on the Photosmart 7520. The Scan to Email feature is an app on that particular printer that is provided by HP's Cloud Services, and the firmware update is to fix/prevent issues with that particular app.

For your printers (previously stated C4280 and C4680) there is a firmware update, that is for printing extraneous pages. This for the printer printing out additional page after the requested page(s) has been printed. I have included the link 'Critical HP Print Driver Update to address printing of an extraneous page'. If your printer is connected with a USB connection. You can download this file onto your Mac, and run the installation. This will transfer the firmware update to your printer.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

OK guys, it worked .... IT'S WORKING!!! I'm a friking hacker, ahah!!! 😄

Well, what I did:

- I noticed that on my wife's macbook it was working like a charm, even if with Mavericks.

- The only difference between mine and her macbook was the operative sistem upgrade way: a clean install for her, after a total clean and format, and an upgrade from Mountain Lion for me.

- I noticed that in my /Library/Printers folder, there was nothing, no HP folder and no drivers, nothing.

- I took my wife's Printers folder and copy-pasted on my laptop via Terminal, as superuser.

- Deleted the printer from Settings app and added again.

- It downloaded the printer and scanner software and it worked as it should be 

OK, I'm just hoping it can help somebody of you, guys, not everybody has two macs in an house.

PS. If it's easy for you, a clean install of Mavericks can surely help. It is not an option for me, unfortunately, if I format my laptop, I have to spend two months to bring it back how it was.

HP Recommended

I'm still waiting for any kind of support for the G3010. It's apparently still supported (Windows 8.1 drivers 32 and 64 bit readily available), so how about G3010 and OS X Mavericks? It's not like it's rocket science to rebuild the scanner software against the new libraries and fixing it agains an updated API ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.