Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It's my HP 8500!  If it was yours, you would be willing to help me with my questions after the warranty expires.

HP Recommended

@BikerMikeH wrote:

There is now way that I am aware of to reset the chip.

how do you re set ink in HP pro 8500A

HP Recommended

New cartridges may not solve your problem!  I used some refilled cartridges on my 8500 909a and was not pleased with the results.  I then purchcased ($120) all 4 new HP cartridges and the 8500 will not print because it shows all cartirdges as being empty.  I tried these new cartridges in a friend's 8500 that was functioning properly and it shows all 4 new cartidges as being empty.  It appears to me that the first printer wrote an empty status to the new cartridges.  Now I am out a printer and cartridges.  I have been a long time HP supporter of HP printers, but this episode has killed my desire for HP products.  I am looking at other brands for my next printer.

HP Recommended
I had the same issue, went through refurb and new cartridges per repair shop recommendations. Cartridges still register as empty. Ditched the printer, will move from HP desktop and monitors to another brand after windows 10 stabilizes. Total disappointment in the product and the company
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.