Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear sir,

Am using hp lasterjet m1005 MFP,How do i scan a id card both sides in one sheet.

Am try both side scan of id card but scanning in one sheet of front side of id card and back side of id card scanning in another sheet.. please help me sir

shrishanth.B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Community,

Automatic double sided scanning is not supported by this printer model.

You may perform manual double-sided scanning by scanning from your PC.

Using HP Scan software would be the efficient way to scan multiple photos.

1. Place the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, then close the scanner lid.

If your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), you can use it to scan multiple page documents at one time. Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.

2. In the HP Scan window, click Scan.

3. Select your printer name in the Scanner menu, then select a scan job type from the Presets menu.

4. Click the down arrow in the upper right corner of the window to view and change scan color, orientation, and quality settings.

AgathaV_2-1658934944772.png

5. Click Continue.

The printer scans the item.

✔️You can check the steps in this comunt: How to scan with an HP printer , we have different ways to scannig an HP Printer.

If you have more questions, feel free and create a new post.

Hope this helps!

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. Scan: scan 1 side as ONE image, scan other side as ONE image and put TWO images on 1 page.

2. Copy: Copy the first side, put output back, copy second side.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I realize I should be able to figure this out thru trial and error.  But have pity.  Exactly how do I reinsert the first sheet (after copying one side of a card) to get the back of the card copied on the same side of the sheet and oriented same direction?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi Community,

Automatic double sided scanning is not supported by this printer model.

You may perform manual double-sided scanning by scanning from your PC.

Using HP Scan software would be the efficient way to scan multiple photos.

1. Place the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, then close the scanner lid.

If your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), you can use it to scan multiple page documents at one time. Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.

2. In the HP Scan window, click Scan.

3. Select your printer name in the Scanner menu, then select a scan job type from the Presets menu.

4. Click the down arrow in the upper right corner of the window to view and change scan color, orientation, and quality settings.

AgathaV_2-1658934944772.png

5. Click Continue.

The printer scans the item.

✔️You can check the steps in this comunt: How to scan with an HP printer , we have different ways to scannig an HP Printer.

If you have more questions, feel free and create a new post.

Hope this helps!

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi there!

The following video can be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MANzT8y45UY

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 This tutorial shows how to scan a 2-sided document and save as a PDF file on the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fw printer. The HP full feature software must be installed in order to use the HP Scan. The Automatic ...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.