Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I replaced my 14 year old hp printer with a new hp OfficeJet Pro 6968.  I have a laptop, which I have connected wirelessly.

I also have an old desktop computer that I do not get on the internet with, but use it for bookkeeping.  I need to be able to print from this old computer occassionaly.  I tried connecting the new printer to the old computer using the usb port that I had used before, but it's not working.

The old computer has a slot for the installtion cd, but for some reason it is not either not reading it or the cd is too advanced for the old computer.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

What operating system do you have on that old computer?

Right click Computer / My Computer and select Properties to find out...

If it is Windows XP, does it have Service Pack 3 installed? it will be listed under the properties dialog..

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Yes, it is Windows XP Service Pack 3.  I think it should be compatible.  I tried 2 or 3 different ways to add a printer, but still isn't working.

HP Recommended

what your operating system? windows xp? or linux?

the problem is in the printer driver, support or not for yous operating system.

maswirax ~ daftar harga printer epson ~ maswirax
HP Recommended

Download and install the following software for the printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/OJ6960/OJ6960__Basicx86_1979.exe

Note: for a USB connection do not plug the USB prior the insallation prompt to do so.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.