Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
MFP M277

Whenever I am scanning a document on my printer I have to change the default file type from JPG to PDF.

Since 98% of my scanning is towards PDF files it is getting on my nerves because of the clumsy way I have to change the file type for EVERY single page I scan!

I have tried to find some way to reconfigure the printer to use PDF instead but failed to find one.

Please suggest how to do this!

Preferably on the scanner console itself...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Found it!

Turns out that when making a scan where the scan file type needs to be changed one goes into a "Setup" submenu of the scanning command screen.

The file type is high on the list of items and is changed there, but when this is done one can scroll the menu down and way in the bottom is an entry to set the new selection as the default!

So the reason I did not find it before is that this is not available in any general configuration menu, just when one is in the process of doing a scan and wants to change something....

Not the most natural thing to me.

Anyway, now the printer is set to scan to PDF as default like I wanted.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.