Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavillion dv62010sa with windows 7. I got a new canon printer mx722 all in one printer. i installed the printer on my HP laptop. I am able to print the test page. But i can not print anything else. I tried documents from Word and pdf files but nothing prints. my another dell laptop prints everything properly.

Can you please help me what could be the problem with my hp laptop or any settings problem. Please also help me fix it

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

How do you connect your printer now ? When running Canon setup on other machine, it WILL test the connection even already connected. Can you see its icon on your desktop ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The Canon Printer is connected to My Hp by wireless lan.

HP Recommended

Hi,

AFTER installtion process, can you see its icon on your desktop and in Devices & Printers similar to the following image:

canon.png

If not, you need to install properly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes i can see the printer icon in  Devices & Printers. After the installation of the printer on my HP laptop, it also gave me notification that your device is ready to use. But than when i try printing any word or pdf file, nothing happens. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.