Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This seem so trivial but here goes...

I have noticed on my Officejet 6000 every time I install new ink cartridges, the First Installation Date is always exactly two days prior.  For example, yesterday, July 3rd, I installed a new black cartridge.  The control panel on the printer says it was first installed on July 1st. 

The control panel shows the correct date and time at the top of the page.  So, I know the printer has the correct time set.  What gives?? 

Is there a firmware update to correct this?  (Is it possible to update the firmware...I've never even looked into that before posting this message.)

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Hey kromdome,

What operating system is installed on the computer you use with this printer? There are some steps we can take depending on that factor.
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended

I never saw an answer to the question.  Today is 11/19/2013 and I just installed a new cartridge and it shows the date as 11/05/2013.

I am using Windows XP.  The date is correct on my computer.  How do I correct this problem?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@rfgroup wrote:

I never saw an answer to the question.  Today is 11/19/2013 and I just installed a new cartridge and it shows the date as 11/05/2013.

I am using Windows XP.  The date is correct on my computer.  How do I correct this problem?  Thank you.

Hi, which printer model do you have?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Photosmart 7510 all in one.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Not sure what difference the O/S makes.  But it is Windows XP Pro SP3.  I also have a Windows 7 Pro computer on my network (the printer is connected to our network using wireless).

HP Recommended

Hello

I would suggest to clean the contacts on the cartridges, power reset the printer and then reseat the cartridges.

There are no firmware updates available for the Officejet 6000 printer.

I have included a document for the lastest firmware for the Photosmart 7510.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02979046

Are you using genuine HP cartridges?

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I already completed all the steps you recommended.  Firmware was already updated.  Tried cleaning contacts and reseating cartridge.  Problem still exists.  Where does the printer draw its "date" from?  My computer's date is correct.

HP Recommended

Hi rfgroup

The date goes by the software on the computer. Since this printer doesn't have a display for changing settings on the printer.

Were you getting the install date of the cartridges from the software or the test page?

Print out a printer status report.

Press and hold the Cancel button (x button) for 3 seconds, and then release.
Please provide the following information from the print out.
What is the service id?
What is the install date for the cartridges?
What is the end of warranty on the cartridges?

Part numbers of cartridges.

Where it show what number does each s HP across from it cartridge have?

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

After some research on these forums and on the internet it seems that the cartridge stores the date within itself as the week of installation, e.g. 1-52. This means that when displayed as an actual date and time it will only show to one week accuraccy, usually the date shown will be the Saturday previous to the actual installation date.

Hope this helps!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.