Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ok then here it is again

This will help then 🙂

To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.

Turn the product off.

Press and hold the Cancel button Start Copy button at the same time, and then turn the

product on.

When the message Permanent storage init. appears on the control-panel display, release the

buttons.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

can you tell me where is the cancel button star copy....or you can give me a picture video to change it...

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Open this link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01998934#N1027

figure 6 is the control panel of the printer with numbers and explenations of the buttons below

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Which option should I choose to find a language change?
whether the system setup or sevice?

HP Recommended

for all, I say thank you very much, because I've been able to change

HP Recommended

Dear Picardje

I have a problem when upgrading my firmware to my 1212nf MFP, while i always progressed in the middle for over 30 minutes. I spotted the LCD screen displayed Initializing... (Chinese) and then disppearred and this repeats all the time...

I guess it keep restarted all the time...

Then i tried your method to reset the printer and it doesn't restored back to normal state, could you help me what can i do with this? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hold Right arrow and Cancel button while powering on the printer ... this will reset NVRAM. 

HP Recommended

Finally I submitted the  printer for fixing, finally they quoted me with the  price equals to buying a new one! 

That really surprised me and I am quite sure the firmware upgrade had bricked the hardware.next time I have to take extreme care of upgrading a hardware without warranty. 

HP Recommended
Switch the product off. Press and hold setup and cancel button simultaneously Switch it on, voila! Hope you this will resolve the problem.
HP Recommended

after said message appeared, a few seconds later, it was still Chinese

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.