Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Designjet 450C

I am having startup problems getting my HP Designjet 450C up and running. It was down just sitting for about two years . The belt went bad, I finally got a new one and installed it. the machine would power on and at times it will just not come on. 

Since replacing the belt I ran the mode 1 tests ; the Bail cycle, Front Panel, and the Media Axis teste are the only ones that passed.

On reading posible solutions to the problem I proceeded in cleaning the suggested parts that may cause errors due to residue build-ups, now the plotter would not power up.

What do you suggest? I also tried another power cord/cable...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It is known that the power switch deteriorates over time. It gives sizzling sounds for some time, then stops working at all. Try to switch on/off several times. If lucky never use the switch again, try to switch the power via an external plugbar.

HP Recommended

Since we have no idea what parts you messed with it is almost impossible to give you help. I have found that doing the tests on this model are worthless. The menu display gives you light patterns which tell you what is wrong. If you get no power and you remove the right cover and press the switch in using a screwdriver and still no power I would think you are having emod issues.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.