Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My family has recently purchased a new printer cause our last one was having the problem of connnecting to our laptop after a week of not using both. We thought it was the printer so we returned it and got a new one but the  problem still pursists. Everytime we try to connect the printer with a USB cable or even wirelessly it won't connect. WIth the USB cable it will indicate that it is connected with a sound but then it makes the soubnds that it isnt connected all of the suddenly and we have not have any problems with the USB ports before. As for the connection it wirelessly we have tried to set it up but it can't find the printer no matter how many time we delete all the software asnd reset the printer. We went as far as sending the computer in to get fixed and buying a new printer USB cable which what we perfer using. Basically everything is brand new but we can't seem to figure out why its not connecting. Even though everything says it's connected when we get to the point of trying to finsih the connnection it says something isn't. We also tried doing everything it said to make sure the connection wasnt getting blocked but still nothing.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Can you check the power management settings of the USB hub in the device manager & make sure it is off.

What brand is the computer?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended
Hp notebook 15
HP Recommended

Laptop model # would help.

Have you tried other usb devices?

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems.

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor  to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks.

When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

Post back you results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have not tried other USB devices cause i need to use my laptop so that I can do my schoolwork and im still having connection issues with my printer and the scan doctor couldn't find anything wrong\

HP Recommended

Are you using a USB2 port for the printer?

HP Recommended

it says Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host COcntroller - 1.0 (microsoft)

HP Recommended

Can I have the model # of the laptop?

HP Recommended

THe product ID is 00326-10000-00000-AA759

HP Recommended

I can not find your ID on the HP site.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.