Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C309a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP installtiesoftware zonder buttonstekst.JPGWhen I start the Driver-Product Installation Software (PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_047-4), a window pops up with on the left six buttons. There is no text on the buttons visible and when I point the mouse on a button, it lights up and to the right of it a transparent window appears, also no text visible.

I don't know which (menu)option I have to choose for installing the software.

How do I get the text visible?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JaapWi,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to see the text on the buttons on the installation screen and hence cannot proceed.

This issue could occur if the CD is corrupted.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
    • Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
    • Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
    • From the Start menu or the Start screen:
    • Open Devices and Printers.
    • Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
    • Click on the Drivers tab.
  2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
  3. Click the Remove button.
  4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Driver

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Dear Rainbow23,

Thanks for your reply.

After reading it, I had some doubts about the accuracy of the advice provided.

• The HP-software I mentioned is not from a CD, but I downloaded it from the HP website.
  • The link mentioned in your reply refers to the wrong printer, namely C309 and I have a c309a. This can also be seen in the header of my question and provided printer-info.

But I still went to work and removed all the HP-software, drivers and registry entries from my pc and downloaded the right software from the HP website. When running the downloaded program, I got the same problem again.

So now I have removed my functioning legacy HP-software and still have the same problem.

Who knows a solution ????

HP Recommended

@JaapWi,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the registry permissions are not set.

Open Regedit and browse to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum

Right click on "Enum" and select "permissions". Permissions should read as follows:

Everyone - Read
System - Full Control
Administrator - Full Control

Now click the "Advanced button" and in "Permission Entries"
In the first tab (named "Permissions") and select all three usernames (ctrl + click each). Check the box marked "Replace permission entries on all child objects..." and click OK. 

Also, you may press and hold CTRL SHIFT and click Cancel, Setup will continue.

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Dear Rainbow23,

I ran regedit as local administrator, but the ...\Enum\ key is a system protected key. I got a message that I cannot save the change to this entry and access is denied.

Also when changing the key as you suggest, all the entries (display, audio etc….) will be changed. Maybe to much?

What to do?

20170411 Enum message.JPG

HP Recommended

@JaapWi
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

This issue requires one to one interaction over the phone, please contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Dear Rainbow23,

I have already followed the HP-link you sent me. After a few questions it was concluded that this forum is the only support solution, since my question is after the warranty period of my printer. That’s the reason I posted my question here on this forum, but the solutions offered are wrong or not usable.

It feels a bit as being sent from pillar to post.

Does anyone have any idea?

HP Recommended

@JaapWi,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.