Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8600 N911g
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Officejet 8600 about 3 years old. Never any problems until a month ago when I tried to install a new HP Cyan cartridge (951 Cyan z10 for use only in US and Canada). I kept getting a message that the cartridge is incompatible with my printer.I bought another cartridge - same problem. I followed the procedure to clean the cartridge and it didn't help. I took out all the cartridges and the print head and reinstalled. I unplugged the printer cord from the back of the printer and then from the wall. I waited 20 minutes & plugged it back in. Same error message. I uninstalled the driver & reinstalled - problem still exists. Currently I have $200 in ink cartridges and none of them work - the empty cartridges are accepted but of course I can't print. Where is the driver or software to fix this? HP is going to lose another customer if this doesn't get resolved.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @LindaJ69,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g wherein it does not accept two new HP Cyan Cartridge.

This issue could occur if the firmware is not updated.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

I suggest that you update the firmware from the link: Firmware Update

You may also check the link: Incompatible Ink Cartridge Error

If the issue still persists, you may contact HP Technical Phone Support from this link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
Select the country where you are located and type the product# or the serial number of the unit and then choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. Click on 'Show Options' icon and then scroll down the page and select 'Get Phone Number' to get the phone number.     

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

None of these things  makes this printer work. The problem is the NEW cartridges. The boxes indicate they are for HP 8600 printers. Also on the front of the box is "z10 For use only in US and Canada" I am in the US. None of the z10 cartridges work. I have been without a printer now for over a month. I have $200 plus in cartridges that don't work. One set came from Amazon and it is too late to return. The other set came from Staples and they will not take them back since the package has been opened and the cartridges installed. These are genuine HP cartridges. I need a dependable printer. From what I've read HP has lost many customers due to this false advertising. z10 cartridges DO NOT WORK in an HP Officejet Pro 8600 n911g. While new firmware has been released for a "select" few of the HP Officejets, mine is not one of them. HP should be more concerned about keeping their customers happy than selling new printers. Trying to resolve this issue has been very time consuming.This is not a good use of my time. Goodbye HP. I will never purchase anything from you again! Very very unhappy customer!

HP Recommended

Hi @LindaJ69,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.