Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought the above beginning of November 2016. Started giving problems within a month. First, the screen would lit up by itself. Sometimes during the night one would see a blue light. Then error codes started coming up. I followed instructions on your website as how to deal with it, but it did not solve the problem. Eventually the screen 'died'  completely and I had to return to the store where I bought it. They gave me a new printer.

Now, 3 weeks later, the new machine start litting up by itself again!!!!! 

Any idea as to what the problem could be? My laptops are connected wireless. I do however use the incoming phone line for fax purposes as well.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @Charmaine1963 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand that you are having issues with the Deskjet 3835 printer. Going through your post, the screen is lighting up most likely because of the incoming telephone lines or static interference through the line. Are you getting any static on your telephone line? If so please make sure to get it corrected.

Let’s first try to isolate the issue. Remove the fax cable from the printer for a long period of time and check whether the printer display is still turning on by itself. Let me know the result.

Also, make sure to connect directly to the power outlet. Do not use a surge protector in between.  

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi there

Thank you for your response. Will try your advice, which makes sense!!! 

Will keep you posted.

Kind regards.

Charmaine

HP Recommended

@Charmaine1963

You had been interacting with @Dvortex and since he isn't available, I have taken over this case and will be glad to wait for your response,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

we have been awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher .... Thanks for your response. So far so good.

Will however keep you posted, should the problem occur again, which leeds me to wonder ...

Is there any other users of the HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3835 experiencing the same problem?

Would like to here is this is a general problem. Would also help you guys to sort it out, should it be a overall problem with the printer.

Kind regards.

Charmaine1963

HP Recommended

@Charmaine1963

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

This isn't a known or a general issue as such to be concerned about,

Don't worry as the steps suggested by Dvortex should resolve the issue completely,

If you have any concerns, just write back to us and we'll take care of it 😉

It looks like a minor issue with excessive static that's causing the issue, once you perform the steps,

the static would be released and everything should be back to normal, if you ever have the same issue again.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.