Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have an HP 7525 with the same issue. After trying all of Sabretooth's recommendations, HP contacted me (so they must be monitoring these discussions - which is a plus for HP). HP Customer Service told me there was a firmware update planned for the 7525 which was withdrawn, and they had no new date for it's release. HP CS rep offered a replacement with a different model (also a kudos for HP). Unfortunately, the CS rep wasn't able to confirm the suggested replacement wouldn't have the same problem (a definite thumbs down on this one :(. Then, the CS rep suggested I try to return it to Costco, which is where I'm headed right now.

So - hey HP Customer Support - if you are out there - I need a replacement model for my HP 7525 which has document scanning, AirPrint, 2 sided printing, and a document feeder. BUT which doesn't lose network connectivity a few minutes after power up. Any suggestions? I've always had HP until now. So is it time for an Epson?
HP Recommended

Well just to let you know, I have the HP5514 printer and it works perfect (with my suggestions).  Has never lost connection in over 1.5 years with a Netgear router placed about 80 feet away through 2 walls and a set of stairs.   It stays powered on all the time. 

HP Recommended
I'm happy for you. But you do not have either an HP 6525 or 7525.
HP Recommended

My issue was not resolved by HP. The problem seems to be an incompatability between the printer and certain older Netgear routers. As mine was getting on a bit i reluctantly decided to replace it with a ASUS Router and the problem went away, I must add that I had no other problems with the router. Seems like HP compatability strikes again. Has been working ever since without any dropouts.

HP Recommended

Agree.  A lot of routers do not conform to the standards.    

HP Recommended
I was hoping to see a response from HP about this issue. I went to great pains trying to determine if it was the printer or my router. I did not have an external protocol analyzer to determine exactly what the incompatibility was. But I know from experience that one company's definition of "the standards" can differ from another company. Usually there is extensive done on a product before it is released into a world full of both "old" and "new" routers. If not, then I would expect the product description to state that it is not compatible with routers manufactured before a certain.
HP Recommended
I was hoping to see a response from HP about this issue. I went to great pains trying to determine if it was the printer or my router. I did not have an external protocol analyzer to determine exactly what the incompatibility was. But I know from experience that one company's definition of "the standards" can differ from another company. Usually there is extensive compatibility testing done on a product before it is released into a world full of both "old" and "new" routers. If not, then I would expect the product description to state that it is not compatible with routers manufactured before a certain date.
HP Recommended
Stupid routers. They should know printers are.all the central base of every network, and router should be conformed to this printer you have. **bleep** non conforming routers!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.