Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6510

My printer will make noise like it's printing but paper comes out blank.  I'm able to print from computer and scan documents but copier doesn't seem to work correctly.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Jenna2,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! 🙂  I see you are not able to make a Copy with your HP Photosmart 6510, you are able to print and scan, but when you attempt to make a copy it comes out blank. First I would like you to make a Color copy, are you able to make one?  If you are able to make a color copy then the printer is making a composite balck meaning it would pull from the color cartridges to make the black, which may be why you are able to still print and scan.

I would like you to perform a Hard Reset:

1. Unplug all cables and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.

3. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

4. After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

Please re try the Copy, are you now able to make one? If not continue here: Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in...

Please let me know the outcome. Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I tired the hard reset.  I cannot easily reach where the power plug is plugged into the wall, so I omitted that step.  I cannot see what difference it should make.  The printer still will ot copy

HP Recommended

My printer won't make black copies either, no matter how many times I do the 'reset" .  It makes verticle black lines all all up and down the page and wasts lots of ink!!  But it always prints a copy if I press "draft" first, and the copy looks great. So just press DRAFT before you make a copy,

OR you can press 'draft' and 'color' if it's a black and white you'll still get a copy. But if there is color in the orig. that you don't want, you'll waste ink. 

Anyway, this works for me.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One.  It will scan and print (in black and color) but just gives me a blank page when I make photo copies.

HP Recommended

I encountered the same thing, I cannot make a copy with black and color. I was able to scan and print from my computer.

I tried the Hard Reset and it works for me. Able to make a copy now. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi @JebbieF,

Good Day!! Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! I understand that you managed to resolve the problem by doing a hard reset. Brilliant effort and superb troubleshooting on your part to do this. Kudos to you for a job superbly done.)

It was also magnanimous on your part to share this information on HP forums that will assist several others to fix the issue by doing a hard reset. I thank you greatly for sharing this vital piece of information.

You are a valued HP customer. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
My aunt has a HP Photosmart 6510. We replaced all the ink and managed to finally get the printer to print but it would print "only" when press "draft" but when we tried to press "black" and "print", the pages is blank. We know it's not an issue with the ink and the printer can PRINT, just when pressed "draft". What can we do so when we press "black" it will print?
HP Recommended

@Ehm7nm,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer prints only in draft mode.

In order to isolate the issue, I request you to let us know if you are able to print in color.

Also, there are three modes of printing Draft, Normal and Best. These are the print quality modes. Hence, let us know what happens when you print in Normal and Best mode.

If you are able to print in color and not in black, then you may follow the link: Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink

Let me know how this works.

Also, Let us know the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Click Here to Find Windows Operating System installed

2. Click Here to Find the Mac Operating System installed

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
I tried to print it at best mode then at normal mode, at this point, the printer won't print the whole document. I test the ink, run the cartridge (cleanse mode), color ink is def working and wow, what a waste of ink. Just to test it, it eats so much of our brand new cartridge. We are now very confused why there are ink but not action. It was printing at draft mode yesterday and now it won't print properly. What we saw so far is some black smears on the paper and some black (blurry) lines. Urgh.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.