Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a new Officejet Pro 8500A Plus printer that I purchased last year, but didn't install until very recently, so it was out of warranty before I ever set it up.  Now I have some problems with it.

No matter how many copies I choose to print, only one copy is printed.

Also, once I click on the print button, it ties up the computer until it finishes printing....very annoying!

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Calg, did you apply the latest firmware? (use 8500A panel)

If you are using Windows make sure that the "Spool print documents..." is selecting in the Printer properties/Advanced.

Does the copy problem occur in a programs?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Calg, did you apply the latest firmware? (use 8500A panel)

If you are using Windows make sure that the "Spool print documents..." is selecting in the Printer properties/Advanced.

Does the copy problem occur in a programs?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks...... the "Spool print documents..." wasn't checked, and when I did that it fixed both problems!  Appreciate your advice!!

HP Recommended

Thanks muchly for the tip - I tried it and it works - noticed the spooler selction wasn't checked so I checked it and tried to print 2 copies of the same document and it worked!:smileywink:

HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart 6525 printer. I cannot figure out how to turn on the "print multiple pages" feature. Also, when I go to update firmware, it says it cannot find the device even when I connect it via USB. I am a Mac user.

HP Recommended

@segr237, can you post your question in the Mac forum.

HP Recommended
Yes! I will do that - I'm new and didn't know there was such a thing, so thank you!
HP Recommended

I also encountered the same problem in my Officejet Pro 8100e printer. But spool option is already checked in the preferences. 

So what else should I do ?

Thanks for your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.