Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP DeskJet1000 Series J110a, Computer is E Machine running on Windows 7, 64 bit. I have the software set to print 1 copy, but it always prints 2 (duplicates),

Would appreciae help[ on how to fix this problem.

Thanks 

Bill   bamboo1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @bamboo1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Deskjet 1000 is printing 2 documents when it should be printing one page. I will do my best to assist you! Does this happen from only one particular program or any program you're printing from?

I would recommend restarting the Print Spooler on your computer and then print a document to verify if you receive the same problem: Source: Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue.

1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), type admin in the Search programs and files box, and then click Administrative Tools .
  2. Double-click Services .
  3. Right-click Print Spooler .
  4. Click Stop to stop the Print Spooler.
  5. Click Start to restart the Print Spooler.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. Try the print job again.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @bamboo1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Deskjet 1000 is printing 2 documents when it should be printing one page. I will do my best to assist you! Does this happen from only one particular program or any program you're printing from?

I would recommend restarting the Print Spooler on your computer and then print a document to verify if you receive the same problem: Source: Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue.

1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), type admin in the Search programs and files box, and then click Administrative Tools .
  2. Double-click Services .
  3. Right-click Print Spooler .
  4. Click Stop to stop the Print Spooler.
  5. Click Start to restart the Print Spooler.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. Try the print job again.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, this was realy helpfull, now just prints one page. (referring to printing a MS Worddocument), I get a listing of tech information that I don't want, followed by the document iself

filename:

Directory

Tedmplate

Title

Subjecdt

auhtor

and so forth

Can you tell me how to get rid of this?

When highlighting and printing something from the internet, such as your directions, only the highlighted info prints, as  expected.

Bill

HP Recommended

No problem! I am happy to hear these steps resolved your issue. :generic:

I need to find out what version of Microsoft Word are you using? I would recommend following this Microsoft document on An additional page that contains document information is printed in Word.

Let me know if this resolves your issue or not!

HP Recommended

Thanks again Cheeetah12, solved the tech info printing problem, by tweaking a setting in Windows.  Everyhting now works perfectly.

Bill 

HP Recommended

MS Word 2010 non comercial version. Thanks again

Bill 

HP Recommended

I am very happy everything is working now. Let me know if you need anymore assistance. :generic: Have a great night!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.