Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

And within the next few days and weeks and months, remember the regular "turn off/wait/turn on" cycle.  Seems important. And if it takes forever for the printer to turn off (little screen just sticks on "HP shutting down" and color bar keep running across the little screen), wait longer (2 min.??), and if necessary disonnect power and wait a good minute or two, like you're letting a lot of excess, unnecessary, interfering "memory" dissipate. Why does it help? Who knows? Just don't forget that part. Seems to really make a difference. And good luck!!

HP Recommended

I've gone to my printer and done the first step menu/setup/network but can't find a netowrk configuration page.  Do you have any suggestions on where to find it?  Also i tried going to the printer webpage but it won't load.  Thanks.

HP Recommended
thank you, thank you, thank you. Been having this problem for years.
HP Recommended
Thanks!! Needed that info to make it all work.
HP Recommended

I have a hp photosmart b210 and until recently it worked fine. Now everytime I try to print something I have to end up putting in the passphase again to get it wireless. All of the letters and numbers confuse me. Could someone baby talk me through fixing this please?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm not familiar with that model, but maybe it would help if you attached it to your computer with a USB cable, completely deleted it from your printers on your computer (or not -- maybe that's not necessary but maybe it would help to start fresh, who knows?), and then (or only) run through HP Install Assistant -- with the USB connected, of course -- through every step, start to finish for a completely clean setup of the printer on both your computer and your LAN.

Removing it from the LAN and the computer first might help in case one of these is making contact with one of several incarnations it may have in the computer's list of available printers -- maybe the LAN also has it defined in several ways that are now, for some bizarre reason, conflicting with each other. Mine, for example, is defined as 1)the 4700 series via USB, AND 2)the printer's "host name", which is "HP" followed by the last 4 or 5 characters of its MAC (which is its wireless identity), AND 3)its LAN IP address. Of course #2 and #3 are defined identically in all ways, so only one is necessary. But if yours has more than one wireless identity, maybe a difference between them when your computer reaches out to it through the router could cause confusion in one of these inanimate items. Who knows? And maybe, since no one can really get to this printer except you or someone on your LAN (which, I presume, has some protection, like a password your computer automatically gives the gateway/router), maybe just dispense with the printer having its own password anyway. Who needs it, when you really think about it? Think of the whole think like a complex plumbing job that's been added to and added to until getting the waste from the upstairs toilet to the septic tank requires so many twists and turns and valves that you have to do unnecessary stuff just to flush and get your waste to the septic system. Much simpler to have a single, dedicated main drain pipe for all waste, that all the toilets and showers and bathtubs flow into, with no valves to restrict the flow, and every pipe that flows into it can only flow in one direction. (Notice the analogy: it's no accident.) Of course, what do I know? (Trust me: not much.)

Hope that helps. (If all else fails, find a 9th grader. Seriously. Get a tech-savvy 9th grader and say "Please re-do this and explain it to me like I'm 4 years old.")

HP Recommended

I am very new to this. I havev located my IP address

- 192.168.x.x

subnet mask

Default gateway

- 192.168.x.x

Config source

- DHCP

Primary DNS server

Secondary DNS server

Beyond this, I am not certain how to accomplish those steps you outline regarding 'ranges' . I am certain this is very simple , I just am unfamiliar with how to achieve this. I have the hp D110. Like others I am thiiiiiiissssss clooooossssseeee to tossing this this out of the window! Your solution seems like it is the answer to my questions .....I just need to understand how to apply.

HP Recommended

You're almost there.  What you have found is the router info.  You need to go to your HP printer SetUp procedure and find the Network setup procedure.  In there you should assign a FIXED (static) IP address.  I would go for

something like 192.168.1.60   I don't think it matters if it is in the range of the router or not.  The important

thing is to FIX the IP address for the printer to use.  Once you have fixed the printer IP address you must

uninstall the printer and then re-install it.  That process will find your printer at the FIXED IP address and

connect to it.  From then on it will always use that path for the printer.  I leave my printer on all the time and

it wakes up just fine when I want to print something.  But even if you power it off  when you power it on later

it will use the FIXED IP address and your PC will know it is there by that address.  No more floating IP addresses for the printer dynamically assigned by the router.  Hope this helps.  It did the trick for me.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

Ooops!! I meant 192.168.1.60 not .198.
Fixed it in the original post.

HP Recommended

on the hp d110, it only gives me the option to go into the wireless wizard then asks me to enter the WEP key. I don't have the option to enter the fixed IP address (that I have found on this model)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.