Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630e-All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

The clock on the display screen shows the wrong time.  Does anyone know how to rectify this please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

The date and time settings would cause sync issues with Eprint if incorrect. The date and time setting should be accessible from the preferences menu.

Try this

Power reset

1. Without turning the product off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  2. Wait 30 seconds and then connect the power cord into the back of the product.
  3. If the product is not already on, press the power button to turn it on.

Now try changing the date and time and check.

In case this fails try this

Setup >> Tools >> restore defaults

Try setting the date and time back

NOTE: This will remove the network settings also hence you would need to redo the network setup

Steps to redo the network setup

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03834108

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

Here is how you can change the date and time settings on the printer

Touch setup (wrench icon) >>   Preferences   >> Date and Time   >> Enter date d-m-y  > Enter Time am/pm 

I am sure this would resolve the issue.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your quick response.  I've found preferences and then clock and date on the printer's display screen but cannot alter it from there and although I've searched for a display on my laptop I've not be able to find anything.  When I click on the printer icon the only optionsI get are to install a new printer or add software from CD.  When I tried the CD however it just took me back to the option to install a new printer.  I have been using the printer to print by the way but am worried by the implecations of the wrong date and time set if I were to sign up with the instant ink scheme.  It would seem I have some software missing.

HP Recommended

Hello,

The date and time settings would cause sync issues with Eprint if incorrect. The date and time setting should be accessible from the preferences menu.

Try this

Power reset

1. Without turning the product off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  2. Wait 30 seconds and then connect the power cord into the back of the product.
  3. If the product is not already on, press the power button to turn it on.

Now try changing the date and time and check.

In case this fails try this

Setup >> Tools >> restore defaults

Try setting the date and time back

NOTE: This will remove the network settings also hence you would need to redo the network setup

Steps to redo the network setup

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03834108

HP Recommended

I've been so busy with other things that I've only just found the time to sort out my printer.  I moved it's location and in doing so must have done as you suggest by accident as the option to change the date and time now came up on the display.  Thank you for all your help and sorry I didn't get back to thank you sooner.

Judie

HP Recommended

on an Envy 7645,  I hadn't found the Setup icon in the touchscreen field- (have to move the field over to the left, then I found it.   (I thought I tried that earlier with no luck)   Then I found Preferences   It took the change and all is well.

Another aspect that was confusing is that the date and time were entered correctly as part of the original setup.  That process didn't ask for the time zone, but neither did the manual process I described above.  So, if the original D-T were not input correctly, how come the date in error was so close to the correct time - the error time was like 6 hours ahead? (rhetorical ? only)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.