Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How can I get a folder to open up on my desktop when I insert an SD photo card into my new 8600 Pro? Back when I had an HP 7210, all I had to do was insert a photo memory card into the slot, and a folder would appear on my desktop where I could work with the photos, transfer them to my computer, etc.  Now, when I insert the SD card, it appears that my only options are to print the photos or to edit them on the small screen.

I know the 8600 is networked to my computer because I can print on it and scan from the 8600 to any of the three computers that are hard wired to it.

Is it simply not a feature of the 8600 to let me see photos on an SD card from the printer? If so, what a rip off!

Thanks for any help!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Lori515

After reading your post I felt I had to look into it. You will need to map the network location of your printer and you should be able to see the scans and photos on an SD card. I tried it on my Officejet 8600 as well.

Go to "My Computer" and at the top should be "Map Network Drive". Here you will add the printer IP address as such ex. \\192.168.1.100\memory_card\ and you can also choose the drive letter. This should map your printer memory cards to that drive letter. If you have any problems let me know.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

entering the printer address and appending /memory_card/ did not work for me and never has.

Oscar

HP Recommended

There are two ways:

1)(Windows 7). In 'Computer', 'Map a Network Drive', enter \\ip address\memory_card. E.g. \\192.168.0.9\memory_card. Await a few seconds, and all should be fine.

2) In your browser (I use Firefox): \\192.168.0.9\memory_card. The browser should reply with file://///192.168.0.9 and show an index page. From here, one should be able to navigate to (e.g.) file://///192.168.0.9/memory_card/DCIM/100NIKON/DSCN0009.JPG

I have both an HP6500 (wired via USB) and an HP8600 (wifi) and a mixture of HP and Acer XP, Vista and WIndows 7 laptops

HP Recommended

I have windows 10 and my printer is HP Officejet Pro 8600     I inserted my memory card from my camera into the printer slot but nothing happens.   I read where I go into "Map Network Drive"  where I add the printer IP address..Since I am not that computer literate I need to know where do I find the IP address for this memory card so I can download the pictures onto my computer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.