Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I would like to receive from you, if still available, instruction on how to get my 6510 HP printer working again with a new ink cartridge already installed. It suddenly stopped printing. The scanner works fine but no printing black.

Is there a way of cleaning that would have it print again.

Will look forward to any genuine response that you can give me.

Appreciate your help.

Stuart Myers

HP Recommended

Have you tried this? >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f57jOGj-G5s

If you or one of your friends are comfortable with taking things apart watch this video >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwbPzvVom_k

You could take the Printhead out and soak the bottom side with rubbing alcohol in a small disposible bowl for several minutes.  And take an eyedropper put some alcohol in the port(s) where the ink cartridge(s) goes.

The black vacuum primer tube got clogged up on my printer and I had to clean it out. This was a very difficult and messy operation.

1. Run cleaning procedure. 2. Open top cover. 3. Unplug power 4. Remove inks 5. Put moisture kitchen towel under the print head 6. Put moisture kitchen towel on the printed 7. Remove towels after 15-30 min and put inks back 8. Run cleaning procedure again 9. Run cleaning ink smears it necessary
HP Recommended

Kyle, I know this is an old thread, but if you still have that information, that would be very helpful.

HP Recommended

Here is a suggestion that worked for me... I removed the printer cartridges after performing all the recommended screen options on the printer to correct the problem.   Before you start this, I suggest the following:

Work in a well ventilated area (Kitchen area close to sink, I moved my printer and plugged it into the counter outlet)

Supplies You will need. 

2-3 cotton swabs

nail polish remover (NPR)

working ink cartridges 

paper

After removing the cartridges, you will notice a small circular screen area in the printer head where the ink cartridge feeds into the printer....  I dipped the cotton swab into a small amout of NPR and applied to the screen inlets to the printer head... I used one swab for each color and applied generously while rubbing the NPR into the screen inlet.   

After completing this for all 4 ink cartridges, I dried the screen circles with a paper towel.  Afterwards I reinstalled the printer cartridges.   

I ran the clean head utility to flush out the NPR from the printer head.   I did this a couple of times....

I then ran the print quality report..... the first report DID NOT print black ink... .only color....

The second report DID PRINT BLACK INK!   It worked!!!!

I hope this suggestion works for the many others who are experiencing this same problem.

Good Luck!

HP Recommended

The fix you proposed did not work. Do you have any more ideas?

HP Recommended

My printer just started this problem, any updates to solutions or is it just time to get a new printer?

HP Recommended

Disconnecting the power cord and unplugging it from the wall and replugging cord did not make any difference.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.