Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

down load hp laser jet 1000 xp drivers  from hp   make sure its the host based ones

click add printer

then choose  virtual usb

then click have disk

find extracted 1000 drivers

load .inf file  

you may have to pick laserjet copy  when printing but works fine

HP Recommended

for WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 32Bit , 

use HP LJ1000 XP HostBased Driver

Just installed it and it works perfectly.
1. exe extracts to a directory of your choice. 

2. right click on printer -> properties -> update driver

3. select to search in a specific location and select dir from step one.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Nice, works for me, tx a lot man 🙂

I hope HP give you a job 😄

They just want to sell printer and don't take care of us, customers

HP Recommended

my problem still not solved and study and other it srelated works badly affected. YOu are requested to kindly do something i am not wanted to change my printer.

HP Recommended

Dear HP 1000 user:

Please note that this is a USER forrum.   We DO NOT work for HP nor do we represent them.  So, we cannot fix a problem that HP choses not to address.  However, we can tell you how we have been able to get the LJ1000 to work in Win7 under some circumstances.

At this point, it appears that this printer will NOT work with the 64 bit Win 7 version as there has never been a 64 bit dirver for the printer ever created by HP.  If you are running Win 7 64 bit it would appear you are out of luck.

If you are running 32 bit Win 7, ignore the fact that HP says the printer is not compatible with Win 7 and follow the instructions either in my previous post or in other posts which give detailed steps to get this printer to work.

Without giving us any more detail that you have, this about the best we can do to help you use your LJ1000 with Win 7.

Best of Luck.

HP Recommended

All

I have just succesfully found a solution to making the laser jet 1000 work under windows 7 64bit

The trick  is  that you need a GDI driver  and  finding a supplier ( other than HP ) who has built one.

Go to the following link and download the windows 7  64 bit driver for the following printer

http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/Search.aspx?ht=

search desktop printer -> magicolor 2430DL ->drivers -> windows 7 64bit

KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 2430DL

install the drivers

Add the printer as you would normally and then
under printer properties select advanced and under print processor select winprint raw

The reason this works is that this printer uses the same hardware GDI engine as the lasjet 1000

Enjoy

Anthony

HP Recommended

The way I have it set up is that my laserjet 1000 is plugged into a seperate old PC running windows 2000 with laserjet 1000 drivers loaded on it as its shared by various household computer ranging from Macbook to XP and now windows7.

I connect to it on windows 7 by adding a local printer and direct mapping it by creating a new port and putting in the box

\\servername or ip address\printersharename

i.e

\\\Printerserver\Laserjet1000

set up the properties as I precviously described and it works fine

Note direct USB connection does not work

If I have some time to kill , I'll see if I can get the direct USB to work

Anthony.

HP Recommended

Turns out this fix is not as good as I thought

It prints text ok but leaves out images.

So in summary

this is a partial solution.

As the Konica Minolta series was th only other similiar printer I am aware of, I would recommned people abandon this printer. I may get around to investigating further but the time and effort to fix this is probably not worth it given the cost of a replacement printer

HP Recommended

Hello All

So has anyone produced a fix for this for the Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit version, for an HP1005? Connected by USB?

I've read all of the above and think the answer is no; and have asked HP and not had a helpful reply.

Regards

Barry

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.