Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
deskjet
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

recently switched to google fiber, now i cant get my printer to connect and print.  google support is not helpful.  Can it be connected?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Please provide the following relevant information so someone can help including:

Printer Model -

Complete and Detailed Problem Description -

Operating System of computer (including service pack revision) -

Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless, Wireless Direct? -

Make and model of router and modem? -

Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns? -

Do you think the printer is going to sleep and can’t wake up? -

If wireless, when the problem occurs, what is the status of Blue Wireless light on printer, on, off or blinking? –

HP Recommended

hp deskjet 3056A print scan copy

Windows 8

google fiber wireless doesn't have a make or model it is just from google

no error messages just off line

blue light just blinks

HP Recommended
Blue light blinking means you are not connected to your routers SSID. You need to connect to your routers SSID with valid password.
HP Recommended

I know I am not connected, what I don't know is how to connect my printer to the google fiber router that I have now.  

HP Recommended

Well in the router you look up your SSID and password Google gave you. Then following the detailed instructions that came with the printer you connect to that SSID with your password. Information is on the HP WEB site for your User Guide to download for whatever HP printer you have.

Here it is...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-3050A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---J6/4311836/model/...

Edit -  Make sure you only plug in the USB printer cable when told to do so by the software.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.