Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 2540 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi guys
I have encountered the same problem in the past and the online support fixed it - obviously - temporarily for me. I have been working with large files and never had problem until the past summer and now. My warranty has expired in august 2016 so I am not able to communicate with online chat as before to fix my problem. The thing is when I send large files from photoshop to the printer, and despite the fact that the printing is about 2/3 of the A4 page complete I get a brief "printer error" prompt and the printing goes off, page comes off without being completely printed. During the print I do multitask, I close close down the file, nothing. lately this has happened when i send small files too from word.. small as in 50 kb.. same thing. In the past the HP support had shared my screen and did some changes in the USB port or something which unfortunately I am anaware of remembering or doing on my own. It is reallyannoying to be in a hurry to print out things and not being able to.. I cannot really get much help through twtitter or HP support as all I get is FAQ or a troubleshooting guide which literally doesnt register any problem. I have tried un plugging everything and plugging it back but..no idea. Forgot to mention my printer is connected to PC through WIFI but the times I used it for printing WIFI was pretty stable. 
Please does anyone have experienced the same problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@stathoula

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you are receiving the message - "printer error" and the printer doesn't seem to work at times,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help, however, to provide an accurate solution I need a few more details:

Did you attempt installing the latest drivers or firmware for your printer? if not, Click here to find them.

Are you currently using wired or is it the wireless network you've mentioned?

In the meantime, please use this link to identify and fix your concern:

Click here to troubleshoot and resolve.

If issue persists, attempt downloading the Deskjet 990c drivers and let me know if that works,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.