Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It looks like I have 4 of these CAPs.

C613  - bubbled

C614  - bubbled

C???

C660

I have but pointers on two that look like the top is bubbled.

Is it possible that I have two that have failed?

IMG_3237 - Copy.JPG

HP Recommended

I have black pointers to the BAD CAPs.  They have the tops bubbled up.

I have green pointers to the good CAPs.

IMG_3237 - Copy.JPG

HP Recommended

Capacitors start deteriorating slowly and their performance deteriorates until they completely die.

When I replaced the first capacitor my HP started working again but when I replaced the second one it became even more energetic.

My concussion is when one goes bad, others follow. I would replace as many as possible since they’re cheap anyway. The hardest thing is not to damage the circuit board by using inappropriate soldering iron.

Good Luck,

HP Recommended

I have a "ink system failure" on HP Photosmart D7160 would it be the same new 330 uF 10V Capacitor fix?

HP Recommended

I’m not familiar with you printer model but if I were you I’d replace every swollen capacitor.

HP Recommended

Ok I will try that, thanks a bunch!

HP Recommended

What is the fix for this error code problem

HP Recommended
This worked for me.

I replaced mine with 330uF 16V capacitors.
My local store didnt have 300uF 10V capacitors.
HP Recommended

I was able to unplug my C6150 from the power source for a few minutes and the ....35 error went away.But, from what I see in this posting, I am expecting it to return. I am quite handy with electronics and soldering, so I plan to inspect my capacitors as soon as I have time and replace as needed.

But before I get started I have a few questions that might save me and others some time.

1. Are all the capacitors that are targets to be replaced the 330uF 10V ones? If no, what are the other ones?

2. How many are there in total? 4?

3. My HP C6150 has become quite slow as it prints lately, will replacing the caps help this?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Regards, Paul

HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosmart C7280 Allin one printer fax scanner every day when I go to print it comes up with error message I then turn off printer then turn on and then it prints but there is obviously something wrong as this did not used to happen has anyone any ideas

sulyn

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.