Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've a HP toucsmart 310 and a HP photosmart all in one D110 on a wireless network.  My PC print function works fine, but I can't get the printer to acknowledge that the 310 is on the network.... the printer shows a laptop that is part of the network, but not the PC.  I can't get the scan function to work on either the 310 or the laptop and I'm ready to throw the printer away and go buy something else..... does anyone have an idea of what I may have done wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi timinburg,

Please download and run the (SDU) diagnostic Utility from the link below.

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi timinburg,

Please download and run the (SDU) diagnostic Utility from the link below.

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I'm running Wiondows 8 on a new HP laptop connected wirelessly to the D110. The scanning/printing works fine on my previous Win7 PC and printing works OK from the new Win 8 PC but I can't scan. I've installed and run the (SDU) diagnostic Utility and  my D110 appears as an option for scanning to PC.  However, when I choose photo to file, the scanner LCD screen shows the progress bar but the scanner light bar doesn't activate and no scan takes place.  Scanning to email scanning produces the same effect. No errors appear on the D110 or PC.   Using Paintshop Pro 8 produces an error that locks the screen.  I have to manually kill Pantishop in Windows.  What further steps do I need to take to fix this problem?

HP Recommended

Hi DocRocks, 

Follow the steps below, and let me know what happens?

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. On the Apps desktop right click the mouse, and select all apps. Type %temp% in the run app.
  2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).
  3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-109779-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. On the Apps desktop right click the mouse, and select all apps. Type %temp% in the run app.

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know if you are able to successfully install the software and driver, and are able to print & scan?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I am on Win 7, 32 and using Adobe Flash v 11.9.900.152. I have my Photosmart D110 configured for -both- wireless and hardwired connectivity. Which is not the problem. 

The problem is that HP stopped supporting Flash updates in its GUI. Previous to Adobe's update for Flash 11, it worked fine. Now I can patch a resolution, but it only lasts for a few weeks to a few months. I need your help please. (And no, it's not my firewall, or a virus, or malware, nor grayware, nor spyware either. Yes all of my other drivers are up to date, including Windows fixes.)

Here is a chornological timeline with issues and fixes.

* Updated Flash, which was the only change to my system at the time. Went to print an essay and was told that my Flash was out of date through the GUI. Was able to roll back Flash. The D110 worked, but web apps were wonky.

* Updated D110's drivers, the GUI would not work and gave me the message that my device installation was incomplete. Rolled back the driver to the version on my disc. Could not scan.

* Changed connectivity to wireless, bypassed the GUI using in-application functions (i.e. "print" in Office) and your webservice to scan. Had to update to Flash 11 because some of my schoolwork is online and uses Flash.

* Found your webservice discontinued and tried once again to update the printer software using driver PS_AIO_07_D110_USW_Full_Win_enu_140_126. Lost the ability to print and scan.

* Used Windows' Device Manager to manually install the driver on disc (PS_AIO_07_D110) because trying to install it through its GUI gives me a fatal error (without making an error log or telling me the error code so I can research it) on a hardwired install and will not install wirelessly at all.

I am out of ideas. I can print, but not scan. I cannot access the GUI, and am being given a message that the driver isn't installed---yet I can use the Print function in tertiary programs (such as Office).

It is still under warranty and was purchased from eBay btw. Considering the last time that I called your 'help center' while trying to find out a model number or part name for a broken gear on a printer drive train, I was told by an operator that there was no such thing as a gear, I am unwilling to call your 'help center' again. EVER. (I raised holy hades with your corporate office on that one...)

I am a full time student, which is why I bought this after extensive research on the D110. I need this to work. This has been a continual upset to my life and I do not have the time to devote to constantly mickey mousing a back door solution.

Please help me fix this. I liked this printer well enough when I bought it, but now it is not worth the money due to the hassel. And if I cannot fix this problem, you will loose a customer.

HP Recommended

"step one: clear temp directory".....but **bleep** HP? DID you ever stop to think, "I wonder if people KNOW **bleep** that means?" HUh/ how can someone do that IF you dont explain how? eejits, all of you nerds.

HP Recommended

can u make this any more complicated please?

HP Recommended

unable to find this page, repeatred **bleep** reaction to your useless solutions

HP Recommended

there is NO 7z file found. now what genius?

HP Recommended

impressive response HP...MAY 31 2012 and NO REPLY? epic FAIL

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.