Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

have photosmart 7520 aio series

on windows 7 64 bit

connected to wireless network in home. Everything seems to work fine, but tried to scan document to attach to emai. message said no internet connectivity. printer works from pc and laptop. fax works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

sanmar02,

Try the steps below. 

I would first unplug router and printer for about 1 minute. I would plug router up first then printer. I would then try to access the scan to email app again. If not successful and you get same error message. I would follow these steps.

1. Obtain your printer's IP address

a. This can be done by pressing the wireless icon on printer.

2. Enter the printer's IP address in a browser.

3. Select the network tab at the top of the page.

4. On the left select networking.

5. Select Network Address (IP)

6. Select Manual DNS Server

a. Manual Preferred DNS should read 8.8.8.8

b. Alternate DNS Server should read. 8.8.4.4

7. Select apply you might get a warning just select okay.

Let me know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi Sanmar02,

I see that you're attempting to scan a document with your printer.  I have a couple of questions for you.

Are you using the scan to email app on your printer's front panel?

Have you setup ePrint on your printer?

Do any other apps work on the front panel of your printer?  

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Trying to scan to email.

Front panelsays  webservices including Eprint have ben installed. Had IT tech set up printer with my wireless network. The configuration report shows everything OK, except NO INTERNET CONNECTIVITY.

Can do other functions on front panel such as fax, copy, etc. message say unable to connect to web services. try again or enter a proxy address. Not sure how I can verify Eprint is installed.

HP Recommended

sanmar02,

Try the steps below. 

I would first unplug router and printer for about 1 minute. I would plug router up first then printer. I would then try to access the scan to email app again. If not successful and you get same error message. I would follow these steps.

1. Obtain your printer's IP address

a. This can be done by pressing the wireless icon on printer.

2. Enter the printer's IP address in a browser.

3. Select the network tab at the top of the page.

4. On the left select networking.

5. Select Network Address (IP)

6. Select Manual DNS Server

a. Manual Preferred DNS should read 8.8.8.8

b. Alternate DNS Server should read. 8.8.4.4

7. Select apply you might get a warning just select okay.

Let me know how it goes. 

HP Recommended

Garytech1

Followed your instructions. It worked perfectly.The scan to email now works!!!

The scanned document is showing up in Adobe reader which is OK. Cannot figure out how to delete the scan from Adobe when I need to.

Also tried to send scan to computer instead of to email. It says it does not recognize the computer???? would like to send to computer to a scan file of some type. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for getting printer connected to web services.

HP Recommended

Great glad its working!

HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart 5520.  Everything works fine (wirelessly connected), except that scan to email gets the following message:  "Server Connection Error: 901".  I tried the fix that follows below, but it did not help.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Hello

I have the same problem, I've been using scan to email for some time now but today I receive the message that it can't connect to web services. I've trawled this support forum and have proceeded to follow the power down steps of both router and printer as suggested but to no avail....and I've tried entering the manual DNS information which you state but to no avail.

The printer was set up with no issues and scan to email worked effortlessly. Nothing has changed in router set up or printer so not sure why this should've happened? I have an apple AirPort Extreme router and my printer is a new HP photosmart 7520. any help greatly appreciated. Jacqui
HP Recommended

Hi JAXX7520,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with scan to email on your HP Photosmart 7520.

Your printer's connection to your router can be disconnected when the router manufacturer pushes out updates to the router's firmware.  I have heard that recently there have been some updates to the AirPort Extreme routers. I would recommend that your run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel of your printer.  If you are unfamiliar on how to do that the steps are in your user guide on page 48. 

Changes to your computer's operating system could also affect the connectivity to your printer. Have you recently updated your operating system as Microsoft and Apple have both recently released updates (Windows 8.1 and Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks)? If you have recently updated your operating system, can you please let me know what operating system and its version that you are running?  

HP Photosmart 7520 User Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03456524.pdf

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks so much for the reply. When the printer could not see web services I did go through the whole wizard set up but still had no joy. The mac is running mavericks and airport is running the latest version before mavericks ( haven't had notification of a firmware update as yet for airport).

However I tried the scan to email again today and it worked so maybe it was a blip - rather than sleep, I powered down the mac and maybe this reset the protocols!?!?

Hopefully all will remain working ok! Thanks so much for answering - much appreciated.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.