Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 6700 office jet premium
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi! ive had my mac and printer for around 3 years, with no issues. suddenly my printer will not scan to my pc. it will work the other way round but im unable to link pages into one document. Don't know why the sudden change but it's causing my all sorts of problems.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  I can print and I can scan from computer to printer, but I cannot use the buttons on the printer to "scan to computer."  I have a Mac OX 10.11 and an HP Photosmart 7520.  I cannot find any help on the web.  I have hit several links on the hp.com support website and frequently get there is not page even though the device is still supported.  Very frustrating.  Please help!

Lisa

HP Recommended

In regards to the OfficeJet 6700, with the release of macOS 10.12 Apple no longer supports third party scan drivers in the OS.  Because of this some printers will no longer support scanning from the front panel.  The OfficeJet 6700 is one of those devices.  Scanning from the macOS will still work though.

You should still be able to scan multiple pages into a single document using HP Scan though.

Scan all the pages through the ADF, once the pages are all in the preview just save as a PDF.  This should create a single document with multiple pages.  You can also individually scan each page into the preview aand save as a single PDF.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Mine is not a OJ6700, but a Photosmart 7520.

HP Recommended

For the Photosmart 7520  in macOS 10.11 this should still work.  My first suggestion is to make sure you have the latest software available.

Go to the driver page for the 7520 and download HP Easy Start.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-7520-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/51994...

Run HP Easy Start and follow the instructions.  This will download the latest version of HP Software for your printer.  Make sure you select the Essentials Package and the HP Easy Scan if it is available.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

@Micah680 wrote:

Mine is not a OJ6700, but a Photosmart 7520.

The original post was for a 6700.

HP Recommended

Okay, but is there something I can do?

HP Recommended

@Micah680 wrote:

Okay, but is there something I can do?

I replied for the 7520 as well.  Can you try running HP Easy Start as I suggested?

HP Recommended

I am really sorry, but I don't see that reply anywhere.  Can you post a link in this thread?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

For the Photosmart 7520  in macOS 10.11 this should still work.  My first suggestion is to make sure you have the latest software available.

Go to the driver page for the 7520 and download HP Easy Start.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-7520-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/51994...

Run HP Easy Start and follow the instructions.  This will download the latest version of HP Software for your printer.  Make sure you select the Essentials Package and the HP Easy Scan if it is available.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.