Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We have a few hundred of the M401dne / dn printers, and have discovered essentially the same thing. Oddly enough, many of the things printed have been pages from Zillow - so whatever formatting that site uses in IE may give a clue to the problem. Adobe .pdf files, and some other files have also caused the same issue. Changing IP addresses doesn't REALLY fix the problem, as DS_SupPro mentions - the real problem is the data being sent. Moving your IP address just gets you past the symptom until someone decides to print the job that caused the problem again.

HP Recommended

One of our users had sent a print job with a page size too big from an internet screen.  Restarting the printer without a network connection gave us no error.  When we again attached it to the network it would bring up the error in a few seconds.   What was happening was that once her computer saw the printer it tried to send the document from the print queue again.  After we cleared the queue on her computer, everything worked.

HP Recommended

None of these were the problem. I had tried to connect the printer to the ethernet instead of wireless, but the wireless kept becoming reenabled. Having the two connections caused the problem so I gave up on the ethernet and just use the wireless. That solved the problem.

HP Recommended

Found several jobs in the print queue, one had an error status. When I deleted that job and turned the printer back on it worked fine. Must have been something in that one print job that was causing the error. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have an M276mw on WLAN.

The same problem here when I added an Ubuntu machine. The Windows machines are still working.

This seems to be Linux related in my case.

HP Recommended
He tried to check and clean the print queue on the computers connected to this printer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.