HP 4x6.5 inch photo paper "with tab '. What does tab mean? No perforation. (2103 Views)
Honor Student
kathyllynn
Message 1 of 2 (2,103 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 4x6.5 inch photo paper "with tab '. What does tab mean? No perforation.

I bought 3 packs of HP Everyday Photo Paper, 100 count.  The product number is  Q5440A.  Curiously, two of the packs are labeled Glossy, and 53 lb. weight, while the other is labeled Semi-Glass and the weight is 45 lb.  The country of origin for all three packs is shown as Germany.  The sizes are called out as 4x6, but the paper is actually 4x6.5 inches.  The pack that is labelled Semi-Gloss has a small drawing that seems to indicate that the "tab" is perforated, but it is not.  The other two boxes show scissors cutting off the "tab."  My printer software does not have a setting for paper sized 4x6.5 inches, nor any millimetric equivalent.  What if the function of the "tab?"  The only way that I can use these 300 sheets of photo paper is to use a paper cutter to resize them to 4x6 inches.HP Q5540A copy.jpg.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (2,089 Views)

HP 4x6.5 inch photo paper "with tab '. What does tab mean? No perforation.

The "tab" is there so that the photos can be removed before they are dry without getting ink residue on your fingers or damaging the image for highly saturated pictures. This is useful when printing multiple pictures with high quality because they have to be removed quickly to prevent them from sticking to each other.

This tab is supposed to be removed post printing or covered by a mat when being framed as to not be visible.

I hope this information is useful!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation