Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

one toner was taken from one working printer, and inserted into another, printing the pages completely back. After
reinserting the toner into the first printer, it also started printing all black. And the seame using new toners

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Anyone from HP Support can help? :mansad:

HP Recommended

Hi Can you help me on my printer problem. I have hp laserjet M1136 MFP. One printer is printing the whole page in black. So I thought maybe its a toner issue. I remove the toner on another HP (working) printer and put it on the one with problem and do print. It came out all black as well. I return the toner to the working printer and do a print now the working printer is printing the whole paper in black. Did replace use new toner problem is still the same. Now both printers are printing the whole sheet of paper in black. Also did try to uninstall/reinstall printer driver it didn't work.

HP Recommended

Hi Skipper_Fred,

I see that you are having issues with both the printer's now printing a full black page.
I will be happy to help you.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

Number one cause of toner issues.

The original printer might have caused the damage to the toner you swapped out and affected the 2nd printer.

Inspect the toner cartridge for damage:
1. Remove the toner cartridge from the product and verify that the sealing tape has been removed.
2. Check the memory chip for damage.
3. Examine the surface of the imaging drum on the bottom of the toner cartridge.
CAUTION: Do not touch the roller (imaging drum) on the bottom of the cartridge.

Fingerprints on the imaging drum can cause print-quality problems.
4. If you see any scratches, fingerprints, black toner, or other damage on the imaging drum, replace the toner.
5. If the imaging drum does not appear to be damaged, rock the toner cartridge gently several times and reinstall it. Print a few pages to see if the problem has resolved.

Are you using Genuine HP Toners?

Try cleaning the contacts.

Use a pencil eraser & clean the contacts on top of the toner,

Then slowly insert the toner and look on the left hand side, you will see a black plastic piece flip up to meet with the toner, before it meets the toner you will see 2 contacts sticking out of the black plastic piece, use the pencil eraser to also clean it to see if that resolves the issue.

Did you get the new toner for the printer with the original issue to try or for the printer that had been working properly before swapping out the toner with the original printer?

I would run a update on the firmware for the printer to see if this will help.

HP LaserJet Pro M1136 Multifunction Printer Drivers.

Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.

Try and print a hardware self test. Go setup, reports, configuration report.

Let me know how this goes for you!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a great day.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hello I have purchase hp printer 1136 but only 360 pages were printed out in first time. Why it happened while apporx 700 pages can be printed in one time.
HP Recommended

Hi swatigupta,

I see by your post that you only printed 360 pages, but should be able to print approximately 700 pages.

I can help you.

The printer ships with the Introductory HP LaserJet Black print cartridge which would print approximately 350 pages.

I checked online and the HP 85L Economy Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge which you would purchase should get approximately 700 pages.

Are you using the original toner that shipped with the printer?

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.