Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The price is $140, not $120

HP Recommended

The printhead for this machine is much more expensive than other printheads.   Consumers should know these fail and fail often.  Printheads covered under the machines warranty have no warranty of their own. Once your machine is out of warranty, any printhead that was replace is out of warrenty and you are on your own for $140 a pop printheads.

HP Recommended

I have the same Problem with my HP8600 It failed after 17 months too. My 6100 series all-in-one had intermittent print head errors that was fixed by a hard reset that required typing in codes to the touchpad. That fixed the problem until it finally died after 5 years of service.

Anybody know if there is a similar procedure for the 8600? if not who wants to join me at the shooting range?

I'm not paying $140 to fix a $150 printer. I'd rather buy another brand. My Epson 777i that's about 10 yrs old is still working.

HP Recommended

What a Joke!  I just replaced all ink cartridges in my printer because they all magically went low at the same time even though I rarely print color.  A week after installing the new cartridges, I get the Print head error.  I call tech support to find out I’m just out of warranty and they walk me through a process that puts the printer in a mode that will not let me use any other feature (scanner) until the problem is resolved.  The resolution is to spend $150 bucks on a new print head…Just after $100 on ink.  I’ve printed less than a ream of paper.  How is this an affordable solution to printing.  I will never by another HP product!  I'll be re-posting this on every site I can!

HP Recommended

Absolutely disgusted with this printer and Hp in general.  My first issue was the inability to print in black only which has been a costly investment to date.  Now few months out of 1year warranty I have the printhead issue and just like the others on this forum I have tried all of the troubleshooting recommendations and am still unable to print.  So basically, I just bought a printer approximately 1.5yrs ago and have spent approximately 160.00 on cartridges for minimal use and now need to purchase a new printhead.  I think this printer was set up to fail and Hp is happily socking away the income from cartridges and printheads.  I am buying a good old Canon printer.  FYI, had considered buying my daughter an Hp laptop for Christmas, no longer a consideration.  HP your customer service departments need to scan these forums as well as SEVERAL on line forums regarding these 2 specific problems and offer free repair to those of us stuck with these useless printers.

HP Recommended

Sounds like they got a bunch of defective printheads in 2012. If they were a reputable company they would offer a recall or discount replacement heads in order to avoid bad press.

By the way I looked into new printers at Best Buy, guess which make and model the salesman suggested?

HP Recommended
I would. I asked to speak to a manager is like pulling teeth. Pls add me in. Mine is only 1yr & 1wk old when this happened. I had an Epson for 8 yrs and no problem
This is tooooo many consumers with print head problem and it is outrageous to cost us this much to replace it w/out warranty is like walking into a cage and do not know if the lion is there....
Can this be so many coincidental occurrence with our print head? I agree with other posts that it is a biz product problem, it is like a recall w/out harm to human as consumers
Pls let me know
Julie
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link.  I had to reset the print head 3 times and then it worked again.  I have a couple hundred dollars worht of ink here at home, losing the printer would have been a real high cost.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

The solution worked for a while - the printer again has the "Printhead missing....."  The HP products just plain suck.  Any HP product I ever bought quit working sooner or later.  Never again will I buy an HP product.

HP Recommended

error says incorrect black cartridge installed, took out cartridges and retried, blew out area with canned air. tried old cartridge and still get error. not sure what else to try?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.