My Officejet 4620 will not print the black ink (5371 Views)
Honor Student
bgillispie
Message 1 of 7 (5,371 Views)

My Officejet 4620 will not print the black ink

I replaced the black ink cartridge on my Officejet 4620 with a new high capacity HP cartridge, and it will not print the black ink from the test page, any application, or the copier function.  I've reset the printer to no avail.  The ink level indicates that it recognizes the new cartridge and says it is full.  Black ink comes out of the cartridge when I put my finger against the output hole.  I've cleaned and aligned the print heads, but still no go.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 7 (5,352 Views)

[ Edited ]

I understand your printer is not printing black ink. I would take a look at this document.

Let me know how it goes.

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP
Honor Student
bgillispie
Message 3 of 7 (5,341 Views)

Re: My Officejet 4620 will not print the black ink

I went through all the steps in the troubleshooting guide, including installing a new cartridge.  It still doesn't print the black.  It's stil under warranty until 6/23/13. 

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 7 (5,330 Views)

If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

HP Technical Support Case Call Form:
http://goo.gl/w7Hgh

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP
Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 7 (3,012 Views)

bgillispie wrote:

I went through all the steps in the troubleshooting guide, including installing a new cartridge.  It still doesn't print the black.  It's stil under warranty until 6/23/13. 

I know this is some time ago but just wondering if you got a replacement printer under warranty?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
morvee
Message 6 of 7 (1,038 Views)

my printer 4620 will not print black since I cleared a paper jam and replaced the ink cartridges..... and followed the clearing paper jams and ink heads, what can I do

Student
CRAPPA
Message 7 of 7 (756 Views)

I am beginning to agree.  I have the same symptoms, have done all the recommended solutions and still no black ink.  Took the printer to Staples where it was purchased 14 months ago and they don't work on printers and had no recommendation for who does.  Does this mean anyone buying an HP printer has to plan on buying one every year.  I thought HP was a quality product

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation