Question

Student
JudyB07
Message 1 of 39 (17,363 Views)

My printer won't print from my computer.

[ Edited ]

My printer won't print from my computer. Why

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 39 (17,356 Views)

Re: Welcome! Get started here

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  I would be happy to help but with this one, I might need a little more information please.  Which model of printer do you have?  Windows/MAC?, Which operating system?  Have you set the printer hardware up yet?  Can you copy (if its a multifunction)  Were you able to get a test page?  Are you getting any type of error message from either your computer or the printer?  Once I have this kind of information, then we can get to the heart of the matter.  Good Luck and see ya soon!

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Student
hairybroad
Message 3 of 39 (17,310 Views)

C5280 printer is off line and I can't get it back on line

I've tried , plugging and unplugging Power cable & USPS cable

I lost the disk so I can't  Reinstall

any help will be appreciated

stix4 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  I would be happy to help but with this one, I might need a little more information please.  Which model of printer do you have?  Windows/MAC?, Which operating system?  Have you set the printer hardware up yet?  Can you copy (if its a multifunction)  Were you able to get a test page?  Are you getting any type of error message from either your computer or the printer?  Once I have this kind of information, then we can get to the heart of the matter.  Good Luck and see ya soon!

printer is set up and has been working up until a week ago Op system is Vista
I have a new Self test for black as i do not use color Page count was 1683

I also have a print out that is numbered 11 thru 73 with numbers and codes

would that help????

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 4 of 39 (17,284 Views)

Hello,

Thanks and welcome back!  Yes, that helps alot.  I've pasted another link below to a great document that addresses printer "off-line".  Its a little lengthy but very thorough.  I've also included a link below where you can get the drivers and download should you need.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02221706&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3204464&tmp...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3204464&

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Honor Student
walt1234
Message 5 of 39 (16,502 Views)

Re: My printer won't print from my computer.

i can print test pages etc, but can't print say a letter or any thing elsef rom my printer

Honor Student
walt1234
Message 6 of 39 (16,501 Views)

My printer is a hp7200, yes i can print test pages, get colour levels etc. but still unable to say print a letter from my email

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 7 of 39 (16,424 Views)

Re: My printer won't print from my computer.

@walt1234, sorry that you are having this issue.

Try to run the print and scan doctor and check the results. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03275041

Let me know if this lets you print a test page from it. 

Are you able to print from Microsoft word or WORDPAD?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Student
juliejules
Message 8 of 39 (16,019 Views)

I have the same problem except that my printer printed  the ink allignment page but I have a file to print off but printer won't print. I am getting a bit frustrated.

cxm Honor Student
Honor Student
cxm
Message 9 of 39 (15,822 Views)

my Okidata printer model b411d does not print from my computer; I CAN however print a test page.  please help.  I have Windows XP home edition.  My print documents go into the que but they will not print. 

cxm Honor Student
Honor Student
cxm
Message 10 of 39 (15,821 Views)

yes I was able to get a test page from the printer Oki B411d.  I use windows XP operating system.  the documents in the que will not print. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation