Question

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 1 of 27 (24,654 Views)
Accepted Solution

Script error when trying to print from Internet Explorer 9

If you are printing from Internet Explorer 9 and receive a script error similar to

“line 2126, char 1, unspecified error, code 0, url resi://ieframe.dll/preview.js”

There are a few steps you can do to attempt to get around the error message.

Method 1 Print using Internet Explorer 9 (32bit) instead of Internet Explorer 9(64bit)

1. Click the Start button 
    Picture of the Start button
    , type Internet Explorer in the Search programs and files, and then choose Internet Explorer.
  2. Try to print again.

Method 2 Print using Run as administator for Internet Explorer

1. Click the Start button 
    Picture of the Start button
    , type Internet Explorer in the Search programs and files.
  2. Right click Internet Explorer in Programs and click Run as administrator.
  3. Try to print again.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2652062

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 27 (24,653 Views)

Re: Script error when trying to print from Internet Explorer 9

I have seen this issue come up quite a bit in the past few weeks, although the issue has been around a while longer. Let me know if this post helps resolve your issue or if the workaround doesn't work for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
whistler5
Message 3 of 27 (24,044 Views)

I have tried everything I can find on the internet to correct this problem with out any success. I understand the print will work on the 34 bits but I would have to do a complete reload to go back. This should be a priority for someone to correct this problem. Please have Microsoft do something about this. I have Microsoft 7 64 bits.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 27 (24,026 Views)

Hello whistler5,

If you have a 64 bit version of Windows it should of come with a 32 bit version of Internet Explorer.

Ideally you can try running 64 bit IE as administrator which would also alleviate the need to run the 32 bit client.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
JJdz
Message 5 of 27 (22,471 Views)

I allready re-installed the driver (from the origanal CD), that did not help. Then I checked this forum and found this thread. Your suggestions did not work on my system, (indeed windows 7 64 bit).

I finaly removed the drivers from the computer again and installed the latest driver (january 2012 ?) from the download section. After installing I could print again. After checking for updates and installing them, it's still working fine.

So, mayby it's not enough to rely on updates alone. 

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 6 of 27 (22,374 Views)

Hello JJdz,

You should always get drivers directly from the manufacturers rather than the Windows Update as it's going to be more reliable.

Glad to hear the new drivers are working for you. Ensuring you have the latest drivers should always be the first step.

- Friendship is magical.
Student
tage12
Message 7 of 27 (20,991 Views)

[ Edited ]

Har i en løsning på liniefejl 2126  RES://

{Personal Information Removed}

Student
thechefy
Message 8 of 27 (19,891 Views)

Script error line 2126 Char 1 error:unspecified error code O

When I try and print- I get:

Script Error

an error has occured in the script on this page

line 2126

char 1

error unspecified error

coder 0

url res://ieframedll/previewjs

Student
Khpbis
Message 9 of 27 (18,223 Views)

Hey,

Thanks. Not quite an informatic genious myself, but tried your clear solution and it worked out (after almost an hour trying different stuff).

Cheers

Honor Student
JMHBlack
Message 10 of 27 (18,077 Views)

As with most posts about how to fix things online,  I find this one would be fantastic if it started a bit more basically.  I could do what it said if only I could find the first step.  It says go to the start button and then to "search programs".  OK, I know where my start button is, but it does not bring up a Search Programs choice.  Please try to remember that most people needing help are not good at knowing how to navigate computers.  The rest of the post was great, with pictures of what you should see etc,.  But if you can't find the first thing it's not much help.  Thanks for thinking about this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation