Question

PhD Student
prabaa
Message 1 of 143 (34,088 Views)
Accepted Solution

Solution for printing issues for network connected printers

Hi All,

If you have any printing issue from you PC or driver conflict or couldn't find the printer from PC,

download following simple application,eprint which will help you to print easily.

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/hpsub/us/en/eprint/overview.html

Happy Printing

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the left to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Student
Patrick_Stewart
Message 2 of 143 (34,030 Views)

Re: Solution for printing issues for network connected printers

Hi,

Try to Stop the spooler.

Open DOS Prompt

Type NET STOP SPOOLER and then

Type NET START SPOOLER 

check if you are able to view the printer in device and printer.

Regards 

Patrick

Tutor
dsnicke
Message 3 of 143 (33,994 Views)

Okay, I just bought HP deskjet 3510 and setup wireless on my Linksys 9000 router/PC  - everything shows it's connected.  I can print a WORD document from my computer just fine.  But when I try to print something from the internet, IT WON'T WORK.  It keeps saying Communication Not Available!!

I went thru the entire troubleshooting list and tried everything.  I've restarted PC, unplugged & plugged Router/Printer, I've checked Firewall and gone thru the setup steps time and time again.  WHY WON'T THIS **bleep** THING PRINT FROM THE INTERNET?  Please help, I am desperate

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 4 of 143 (33,959 Views)

So you can print from Word but not the internet?  What is the operating system of the computer you are trying to print from (ex. Windows 7, Vista, Mac OS X, etc) and what is the web browser you are using (Internet Explorer 10, Google Chrome, etc)?  

Where do you see this error "Communication Not Available?"  Is it on the web browser itself, in the print queue, or on the print page?

Answer those questions for me please and I will be happy to help.  If you can print from a Word document, you may have luck seeking help from the web browser's support page as well.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Tutor
dsnicke
Message 5 of 143 (33,931 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for replying to assist me.  I finally figured out what the problem was after HOURS of going over all the troubleshooting steps a few time...:catfrustrated:

When I print from a WORD document/or from my PC, I never get that extra "PRINT" screen that allows you to control all the format features of what you are trying to print as it shows  a "picture" of how your document will appear & how many pages.   On THAT screen you can also change the "DESTINATION" for your print task.....and I never even noticed that it was still showing my old printer (Dell p713a) instead of the new HP Deskjet 3510. :catembarrassed:

..... I just needed to change the destination of the print job to HP Deskjet 3510 (Network) ~ THAT is all it was!! (smack forehead)

Hopefully this entry might help someone else who may get frustrated trying to do resolve the same problem but forgot about the simple little things.  :catlol:

Honor Student
flynnibus
Message 6 of 143 (33,859 Views)

I wouldn't call this a solution - the problem still exists with the print spooler yes?  Sounds like an alternative.

Has HP acknowledged the problem with the printer driver and the print spooler?

This printer has worked fine for years.. and now in the last few weeks (assumed driver or windows update) now the printer appears offline until the print spooler is reset.  Then works fine.. and then after a period of time will return to the failure state.

Tutor
dsnicke
Message 7 of 143 (33,850 Views)

To flynnibus - I'm not sure you meant that post for this particular thread or problem?   Because there is nothing wrong with the spooler.  The problem was with the operator (ME) forgetting to change the DESTINATION to "HP Deskjet 3510 (Network)"....it was that simple.  No more problems now!

Honor Student
flynnibus
Message 8 of 143 (33,821 Views)

@dsnickle I was replying to the first post of this thread and the subject of this thread - not your side tangent problem with simply not choosing your destination right... Which has nothing to do with the first post of this pinned thread
Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 9 of 143 (33,731 Views)

The beginning post was in regards to ePrint which actually does not use a print spooler at all (yes, it is work-around for newer model printers).  If you are having problems with the print spooler and you feel it was an update that caused this, what printer are you referring to? What is the operating system of the computer you are having problems with?  How is the printer connected to the computer? And what have you done to try to fix it thus far so I can give you the best applicable suggestion.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Honor Student
flynnibus
Message 10 of 143 (33,721 Views)

VisionAiry wrote:

The beginning post was in regards to ePrint which actually does not use a print spooler at all (yes, it is work-around for newer model printers).  If you are having problems with the print spooler and you feel it was an update that caused this, what printer are you referring to? What is the operating system of the computer you are having problems with?  How is the printer connected to the computer? And what have you done to try to fix it thus far so I can give you the best applicable suggestion.

win7 64bit w/current updates

officejet pro L7680 on wired ethernet

hp solution center software installed on the pc

The symptom is the printer appears 'offline' to the OS - yet the printer is operating fine on the network and is able to be printed to by other computers on the network when this state is happening - it is only the individual PC that can not talk print.  Network connectivity between the printer and PC is fine (ping, etc).  If you reboot the computer, the printer appears back online and will print out whatever is in the queue.  However after some time, the printer again appears offline.

During the error condition, the print spooler service is listed as running.  But if you restart the service, the printer appears back online and the print queue will print out.  But again, after a period of time without shutting down the PC, the printer will again drop 'offline' and the problem repeats.

This printer/PC combination has worked w/o issue for many months until recently.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation