Question

Honor Student
Rottkamp
Message 1 of 3 (224 Views)

Wireless printer & envelope issues

The HP Officejet 4500 printer I had working for a long time on Windows 8 suddenly started printing envelopes incorrect, as if it was a full sheet of paper. I restarted both printer and computer didn’t solve issue. I then uninstalled printer and reinstalled, after much difficulty, as it would not go past the screen to connect by USB, (picture attached) cannot click on next.

USB  HP printer problem.jpg

After numerous tries I finally got all the included software (for scanning) working but I cannot get it to wirelessly connect.

The printer is connected by the USB, only to print, so both USB connection obviously work.

Any solutions for either the envelope or wireless issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Brenda

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (217 Views)

Re: Wireless printer & envelope issues

Hi,

Please download a tool from the following link and run it on your machine. During the process, please select convert from USB to wireless:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03168175

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Rottkamp
Message 3 of 3 (203 Views)

Re: Wireless printer & envelope issues

I already had  downloaded the windows 8.1 update, but it didn’t solve the problem. When I run it same problem, says everything is good, and I cannot go any further.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation