Question

Honor Student
WLGIlbreath
Message 1 of 6 (1,337 Views)

cartridge not intended for use in this printer, remove and replace. it is the right cartridge.

HP Photosmart C5550 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier. Error message "Cartridge in slot on right is not intended for use in t his printer. Remove and replace." This cartridge has been in the printer for a week and has been used without difficulty. It is the correct cartridge. I have removed it and put it back in, but still get the same message.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 6 (1,322 Views)

Re: cartridge not intended for use in this printer, remove and replace. it is the right cartridge.

Hello WLGIIbreath,

Here are some steps you can take that should help resolve your issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01461146&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
WLGIlbreath
Message 3 of 6 (1,316 Views)

Re: cartridge not intended for use in this printer, remove and replace. it is the right cartridge.

I have performed all the steps in the link you provided and still have the problem. Any other suggestions?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 6 (1,313 Views)

Did you try Step 4: Replace the cartridge - Replace the problem cartridge with a new, compatible HP cartridge?

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
WLGIlbreath
Message 5 of 6 (1,305 Views)

Since this is a brand new cartridge that was just put in two days (and used without difficulty) prior to the issue arising, no I haven't done that yet. As you know, these cartridges are not cheap and, being that I'm on a fixed disability income, it's not the 1st choice. Thank you.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 6 of 6 (1,299 Views)

I understand. In that case, I would recommend calling support, they may be able to exchange it for you. Here is a link to HP Support contact info:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation