06-17-2012 09:37 AM
HP Photosmart C5550 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier. Error message "Cartridge in slot on right is not intended for use in t his printer. Remove and replace." This cartridge has been in the printer for a week and has been used without difficulty. It is the correct cartridge. I have removed it and put it back in, but still get the same message.
06-18-2012 01:27 PM
Here are some steps you can take that should help resolve your issue:
06-19-2012 09:58 AM
I have performed all the steps in the link you provided and still have the problem. Any other suggestions?
06-19-2012 11:55 AM
Did you try Step 4: Replace the cartridge - Replace the problem cartridge with a new, compatible HP cartridge?
06-20-2012 10:14 AM
Since this is a brand new cartridge that was just put in two days (and used without difficulty) prior to the issue arising, no I haven't done that yet. As you know, these cartridges are not cheap and, being that I'm on a fixed disability income, it's not the 1st choice. Thank you.
06-20-2012 11:12 AM
I understand. In that case, I would recommend calling support, they may be able to exchange it for you. Here is a link to HP Support contact info:
Hope this helps.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)