Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi there

hp laserjet pro 200 color m251n problem

I'm using windows 8 and other user windows 7 and shared the printer thru network. I have called the technical support and been advised to uninstall the existing  driver, but the problem still not solve yet. the printer message "driver is invalid".  Please help me asap if possible.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @mect,

I see by your post that you are sharing the printer over the network and are getting a message of "driver is invalid". 

I can help you.

Are you using a Ethernet connection, from the printer to the router and networking the printer to the two computers?

Are you downloading and trying to install the latest drivers?

If you haven't already, download, save the software driver.

HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer M251nw Drivers. Select your operating system.

I would disable all the start up programs and temporarily turn off the Antivirus Software to see if there is a program interfering in the back ground. How to use MSCONFIG . Click on the start up tab and click disable all.

Run the install on the Windows 7 computer to fully install the software.

Then you will have to go back and enable the startup programs and turn the Antivirus Software back on again.

When do you get the message "driver is invalid"?

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

latest driver installed. its working fine so far. thanks

HP Recommended

I installed the driver but I am still getting 'Invalid driver' message on the printer. It has been working fine with Windows 10 for a long time and just starting giving the error.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.