05-05-2012 04:25 PM
Installed Windows 7 and it sees mky deskjet 720C connected through the parallel port but tells me that no driver is available. My printer does not have a usb port. When I used HP asist, it told me to connect via usb. How can I get the correct driver? HP says it is in Windows 7, but Windows 7 says it is not there
05-05-2012 06:15 PM
Hi, you will need to get a USB to Parallel adapter.
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" below to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
05-05-2012 10:21 PM
You will also need to add printers and select Windows update. It takes several minutes for a list of printers to appear. Select the HP 720. If you are using Windows 7 64 bit you will need to install this patch by overwriting 3 files, otherwise it will not work.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)