Question

Honor Student
marshalm
Message 1 of 4 (256 Views)

program files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtbx01.exe

I'm running Windows Vista (home) with two user accounts set up and connected to an HP Officejet Pro K5400. Printing has been OK for years. Recently, while printing for one account printing continues to be OK, printing from the other account is impossible. I get the error message that "can't access specified path" Progrma Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtbx01.exe. Oddly, I can still print test pages from that blocked account.

Suggestions? Thanks.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 4 (238 Views)

Re: program files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtbx01.exe

Hi marshalm,

I understand you are able to print from on account on the computer but not the other. I suggest using the Print and Scan Doctor to resolve the issue. You would need to download and run it on the account that is experiencing the issue. The HP Print and Scan Doctor was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

The following are some common problems that the Print and Scan Doctor can resolve easily:

• ' Printer is Offline  ' or print jobs stuck in the print queue
  • Missing or corrupt drivers
  • Connectivity issues
  • Firewall issues
  • Scan error messages
  • Copy or scan mechanism issues (not available for all printers)
  • Carriage stalls or carriage jams (not available for all printers)
  • Ink and print quality issues (not available for all printers)

Please click here to open the link and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
marshalm
Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion of using the Print & Scan Doctor. I have already used it, and the problem still remains. Any further suggestioins?

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 4 (220 Views)

Hi marshalm,

At this point I suggest we uninstall and reinstall the software on the user account experiencing the issue.

If you are unsure how to uninstall the printer software, click on this link. > Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once the software is uninstalled, proceed with downloading and installing the software for your HP Officejet Pro K5400 Printer here. > HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software And Driver.

Let me know how this works out for you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation