05-04-2014 09:02 PM
Sounds like something might be going on with the hardware, but let's find out for sure...
1. double-check the settings and connections: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&
2. update the firmware: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&
3. test the fax: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
If those steps fail, it's hardware, and you'll need to possible reset the printer. You can contact HP support in North America at 1-800-474-6836 or find the local telephone number for your country here: http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/support.html Please look for the category "Technical Support After you Buy"
*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".
If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series