Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung M3065FW All-in-one Printer

My scanner on my Samsung was working just fine earlier this month. I tried using it today and found out my printer was not connected by WIFI anymore so I commenced to connect it. I got that done but then found out it printed but did not scan. I have something called Samsung Universal Scan Driver showing up as a scanner choice along with my Samsung printer. I never had that before. I asked for live help in Windows support and she remotely dinked around with my computer for about an hour before she tried turning off everything in Bitdefender. She was able to get the scanner to work then. She told me to contact BitDefender. I did but they didn't do anything but tell me they would escalate my problem. (sure. sure) 

If BitDefender is in fact stopping the scanner one of my questions is why does printer work then? Isn't both scanner and printer under same IP address? I printed the Network Diagnostic sheet from my printer and only saw one IP address mentioned. If I am to make an exception and allow an IP address in BitDefender like their website (or some website) said, then it doesn't make sense that it allows print but not scan if IP is the same. Right? I'm not tech savvy at all and need some help with this. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.