Question

Honor Student
Wints
Message 1 of 15 (23,834 Views)
Accepted Solution

C310 hp photosmart premium scan problem

I have a wireless C310 hp photosmart premium printer and suddenly it will no longer scan from the panel, the message says 'try scanning from the computer' but I cannot do this either.

Student
wb46
Message 2 of 15 (23,811 Views)

Re: C310 hp photosmart premium scan problem

hi my printer comes up with scan problem try startin fron computer what does this mean and how do i go about fixing problem.

Regards

Wendy

Honor Student
Wints
Message 3 of 15 (23,795 Views)

I rang my computor guy and he told me to re load the cd that came with the printer.

I did this but it told me it was already installed, so I uninstalled it and re-installed it and turned the computer off and on and it worked.

I can now scan as before!

Give it a try.

Wints

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 15 (23,774 Views)

Hello Wints

Re-installing the printer should work in this case, but in the future give the HP Scan Diangostic Utility a try first. Recently the same error came up on my C310a and the Scan Utility fixed it no problem. You can find the tool below.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Student
Lauron
Message 5 of 15 (22,731 Views)

Thank you so much! That was the easiest fix I've had to do in a long time!
Honor Student
JENIK1973
Message 6 of 15 (20,420 Views)

Hello, I saw your post below which looks useful. I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I can't find a printer sca doctor for Mac OSX systems only Windows, can you help?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 15 (20,410 Views)

C310 hp photosmart premium scan problem

Hello JENIK1973

There is no Print and Scan Doctor for Mac OSX, however, I would still like to help resolve your problem. What version of Mac OSX are you running? Also, what is the exact error you are receiving when you try to scan? Are you scanning from the printer panel or from the HP software?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Student
jcummins
Message 8 of 15 (20,196 Views)

While trying to scan a 10 page document, my C310 printer tries to scan each page 4 or 5 times. While doing this it only captures a portion of the document and won't scan each page in it's entirety. 

Will someone please help if there are any updates that I can run? I'm on a new OS X operating system (10.8.2). 

Please help. 

Thank you, 

Jay 

Honor Student
JENIK1973
Message 9 of 15 (20,191 Views)

Hello Wints, do you have a link for the  scan utility doctor compatible for Mac OS x 10.7.5., the download link is for Windows. I cannot find anything.  Jenny

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 10 of 15 (19,920 Views)

Hello Jay

Are you using the document feeder or the flat bed? What portion of the scan is missing (the top, bottom, etc.)?

Hello Jenny

There is no Scan Utility for Mac OSX. Can you scan without the HP software? See the article below for steps on scanning without HP software and let me know what happens.

How to Scan: OS X v10.7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation