06-17-2009 09:46 AM
I am running Vista.
My C4250 photosmart all in one prints and copies just fine. When I try to scan the error message on the printer states "USB not connected" but it is. I did a drive and software check and it is all up to date. It worked fine on my old PC but now I have an HP laptop and it will not scan.
07-09-2009 06:39 PM
07-09-2009 10:12 PM
Windows Vista does not recognize the scanner.
Go to start
Choose Image at the top
Choose the scan image option
Hope this helps! It took me weeks to find the solution!!!
07-11-2009 06:39 PM - edited 07-11-2009 06:40 PM
I have this same problem, only I'm running Windows XP. I tried to use the troubleshooting guide (see link below), but I cannot even find the control panel for my
C4250 with the "wrench" symbol on it in order to find the network connection information and ISP address.
I can scan when going from the Control Panel of the XP and clicking on the HP scan icon.....BUT I can't scan when I press the scan button on the printer itself. Is there a solution for this anyone?
We didn't keep the receipt, so we hope we don't have to buy another printer. This is the second one we've gotten.
Also why would it say the USB is not connected?
I can't even go in the Solution Center because it appears for a nanosecond and then is suppressed.... turned off the firewall and security for 15 minutes.
Even did a reinstall of the HP printer CD and it still don't work. Extremely frustrated!
10-14-2009 04:58 PM
Forget about it trying to find a fix. It's a HP hardware/software error.
I'm a graduate electrical engineer with more than 25 years experience with PC hardware and software.
I installed a C4250 for a customer today and got this same error message. However, the Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard (available through the Control Panel) sees the C4250 and has no trouble at all carrying out a scan.
So it's HP's fault. Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix from HP. The Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard works just fine so use it instead.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers